Nicholas County vs. Berea

Pi

Berea has notified Nicholas County that they are not playing tonight. I would assume Berea is having trouble fielding a team, they were only dressing 14-15.

This can’t be good for the future of Berea. And has to be frustrating for the rest of the 1A District 5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated, Not Good.

Brossart only has four home games this season. One of those is a home matchup with Berea on October 21st.

The Pirates have been struggling for the past few years to be competitive.

This year they are 0-5 and have been outscored 258-6 and have no hopes of recording a win, or even being competitive with their remaining in-state opponents - Nicholas Co, Clinton Co, Bracken Co, and Brossart. Their last win came on October 10, 2014 vs Lynn Camp. They have now lost 29 consecutive games.

Their final game of the season is vs Jellico, Tn, who I have no knowledge of.

They list 18 players on the KHSAA website, down from 22 a year ago.

You’re welcome for the information @Pi. Haha

But also Berea is Bishop Brossart’s last home game so they may have to improvise for their senior night. (Week 10) And it will be hard to reschedule due to their field situation.

Also Bracken County plays them in Week 9 @ Berea. Hopefully the Pirates can stick the rest of the season out, but if not I would like to see team on their Bye week possibly step up and play. I’m not sure of the rules on how this would work.

But also Berea is Bishop Brossart’s last home game so they may have to improvise for their senior night. (Week 10) And it will be hard to reschedule due to their field situation.

Also Bracken County plays them in Week 9 @ Berea. Hopefully the Pirates can stick the rest of the season out, but if not I would like to see team on their Bye week possibly step up and play. I’m not sure of the rules on how this would work.

We've had Brossart's Senior Night at PC once, wouldn't be an issue to do it again.

Lol.

I'll be interested to see what unfolds.

IF Berea is done for the year, the only team who has a chance to recoup the game is Bracken County. They could feasibly play Clinton County, who has a bye week the same week (Oct. 13th) that the Polar Bears are scheduled to play Berea. It would be a long bus ride for one of the two teams, but it is a workable solution.

Brossart, on the other hand, has no other obvious option at this point. Even if we can find someone who has a bye week on October 20th, it would put them over in games.

Jellico, Tn (who lost to Williamsburg 62-8, and Lynn Camp 45-6, will now have an open date on October 27th, which doesn't help us, since we play Pendleton County that weekend.

IF Berea is done for the year, the only team who has a chance to recoup the game is Bracken County. They could feasibly play Clinton County, who has a bye week the same week (Oct. 13th) that the Polar Bears are scheduled to play Berea. It would be a long bus ride for one of the two teams, but it is a workable solution.

Brossart, on the other hand, has no other obvious option at this point. Even if we can find someone who has a bye week on October 20th, it would put them over in games.

Jellico, Tn (who lost to Williamsburg 62-8, and Lynn Camp 45-6, will now have an open date on October 27th, which doesn't help us, since we play Pendleton County that weekend.

That was quick work! That's a long long ride on the cheese for the Polar Bears. I hope the Pirates can keep their contract!

Paris had this same problem three years ago ... after having a bye-week during the last week of the regular season, the Greyhounds found out the week of the playoffs that Phelps was not going to play in the playoffs, leaving the Hounds with nearly 20 days of not playing football before they finally tangled with a tough Fairview team ... three weeks after playing their last football game. Maybe, the KHSAA needs to bring back 8-man football? Just a thought...:idunno:

Edited by Option Right

I feel for them but Nicholas's kids lost a game and their kids lost game stats. Especially bad for the seniors who thought they had 4 games to play in and now only have 3.

This is true too. Nicholas' kids lost the most in this (behind the Berea kids who worked hard.) Especially, losing the Berea game they thought they had coming tonight. Could have been a good bounce back after a tough Brossart loss. Hate it for them.

Paris had this same problem three years ago ... after having a bye-week during the last week of the regular season, the Greyhounds found out the week of the playoffs that Phelps was not going to play in the playoffs, leaving the Hounds with nearly 20 days of not playing football before they finally tangled with a tough Fairview team ... three weeks after playing their last football game. Maybe, the KHSAA needs to bring back 8-man football? Just a thought...:idunno:

You're thinking of Berea, not Phelps.

No need for 8 man football. Berea should be consolidated with Madison Southern. You can bet the remaining kids in the Berea system that want to play football won't be there next year. The program, unless something drastically changes, is done.