Noah's Ark theme park founder blames devastating hurricanes on sins

The wages of sin is death. When sin entered the world death, hardship, pain, sorrow entered with it. So yes if you want to get to the origin it's because of sin. It's because of sin that we will all die someday if Jesus doesn't return in our lifetime.
I would never be mistaken for an expert on the bible so I appreciate the conversation. Your comments got me reading some this morning. The belief that death is a result of sin would suggest that death is a punishment for sin. If it is a punishment then God would be responsible for handing out the punishment correct? Christ was given responsibility of all of man's sins and died in punishment of those sins. That would support that God punishes sin with death. Wouldn't that also mean in this line of belief that God sent the hurricanes?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never be mistaken for an expert on the bible so I appreciate the conversation. Your comments got me reading some this morning. The belief that death is a result of sin would suggest that death is a punishment for sin. If it is a punishment then God would be responsible for handing out the punishment correct? Christ was given responsibility of all of man's sins and died in punishment of those sins. That would support that God punishes sin with death. Wouldn't that also mean in this line of belief that God sent the hurricanes?

I won't even begin to try and answer if God sent the hurricanes. Nobody knows the answer to that question. I know God sent down punishment time after time in the Bible for sin. Do you believe today's world would be exempt from punishment?

I won't even begin to try and answer if God sent the hurricanes. Nobody knows the answer to that question. I know God sent down punishment time after time in the Bible for sin. Do you believe today's world would be exempt from punishment?
I'd say he's working over time.

What I struggle with is the who.

The belief that death is a result of sin would suggest that death is a punishment for sin. If it is a punishment then God would be responsible for handing out the punishment correct? Christ was given responsibility of all of man's sins and died in punishment of those sins. That would support that God punishes sin with death.

That is the crux of Christianity.

Either Hurricanes are a result of our sin, which means God sent them, or just a natural weather occurrence.

You kind of make three points here. I think 1 and 3 are true. I disagree with 2. But hey, as Meatloaf once sang "2 out of 3 ain't bad"

I'm guessing that all animal life has always needed to eat something to sustain itself, hence the reason Adam & Eve went for that forbidden apple. I'm wondering that before they went and ruined it for everyone, did all animal life sustain itself only on plant life so that no animals would ever die for the sake of another animal being eaten?

...And considering that plant life too is life, did all plants live forever before Adam & Eve screwed up?

Perhaps nothing needed to eat anything before they ate the apple, but if they weren't hungry why would they have been tempted to eat it in the first place.

I'm confused. :idunno:

You actually are making points that Christian Theologians would agree with. You really are not confused.... although you may think you are.

What the hell did the people of Barbuda do? Puerto Rico? USVI? British Carribean? What about Guatamala? Are the fires out west the same?

Not a damned thing. Silly for people to even suggest that a God sends hurricanes to punish Barbudens, Puerto Ricans, or even Texans. Hard to believe people actually entertain thoughts like that. Well... maybe not.

Not a damned thing. Silly for people to even suggest that a God sends hurricanes to punish Barbudens, Puerto Ricans, or even Texans. Hard to believe people actually entertain thoughts like that. Well... maybe not.

We agree 100%

I never realized how little science was taught in KY...:rolleyes:

Take a look at the Kentucky Academic standards for science if you are ever bored out of your mind. Elementary science is on page 136, middle school is on 233, and High School Science is on page 691.

https://education.ky.gov/curriculum/standards/kyacadstand/Documents/Kentucky%20Academic%20Standards_Final-9%2011%2015.pdf

What he said is biblical. As in, if the first humans Adam and Eve had not sinned, the world would be perfect.

I hope he didn't mean to single out particular people and blame their sins as the cause...

I think he was. I also heard that Kirk Cameron did the same thing.