What's the Most Exotic Animal You've Ever Eaten?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear, squirrel, raccoon, possum, turtle, duck, crawdads, stingray, alligator, buffalo, elk, deer, rabbit, shark, squid, octopus, snake...there's more but those are off the top of my head.

FYI - don't try stringray, possum or raccoon

Probably bobcat. For the record, don't try bobcat.

I've had rattlesnake a handful of times now.

I bought and grilled camel meat just like three months ago...they carry that at most Halal markets. Tasted a lot like lamb, but the meat was a little tougher.

I've had a bunch of different birds - dove, woodcock, quail, pheasant, grouse, and ostrich.

There's a restaurant in Louisville called "Game" where you can get burgers made from several kinds of different game meats. It's worth checking out if you've not been.

Bear, squirrel, raccoon, possum, turtle, duck, crawdads, stingray, alligator, buffalo, elk, deer, rabbit, shark, squid, octopus, snake...there's more but those are off the top of my head.

FYI - don't try stringray, possum or raccoon

Ive had groundhog. Pretty good too. I have had most of them on your list too.

I've had rattlesnake a handful of times now.

I bought and grilled camel meat just like three months ago...they carry that at most Halal markets. Tasted a lot like lamb, but the meat was a little tougher.

I've had a bunch of different birds - dove, woodcock, quail, pheasant, grouse, and ostrich.

There's a restaurant in Louisville called "Game" where you can get burgers made from several kinds of different game meats. It's worth checking out if you've not been.

Been to Game and enjoyed it. I will try anything, especially seafood in any form.

I don't recommend muskrat.

Been to Game and enjoyed it. I will try anything, especially seafood in any form.

I don't recommend muskrat.

Not surprised you've had this given where your from. And for the record, I completely support your strong recommendation to not ear muskrat. This was a regular meal at my house growing up, and those were nights I went to bed hungry.

Other exotic meats I've had..

Squirrel--hate it

Rabbit--it's ok. Probably will never eat it again though

Alligator--not bad, better than I expected

Yak--excellent. Try it if you ever get a chance

Ostrich--very good...surprisingly looks and tastes a lot like steak

Rattlesnake--It was served in a chipotle cheese dip, and quite honestly I couldn't tell where the meat was, but it was fine

Quail--decent, wouldn't go out of my way to eat it again.

Back in the mid 70's I ate some things in the Holmes High School cafeteria that were alleged to be meat products but didn't look like anything I'd ever seen before. So, I'll go with Sasquatch and unicorn.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Not really exotic, but while I was in England I tried a staple of their traditional breakfast, Black Pudding, which is fried pig's blood.

It's served looking like a blackish sausage patty a little on the crispy side.

It wasn't bad, and if I hadn't been told what it was I would've just thought that it was a burnt sausage patty, yet I still couldn't completely get past knowing what it was, so I only barely finished about half of it.

cooked-black-pudding-slices_3.jpg