Russian Lawyer: I did not have Clinton Information.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get back to the thread and not confusion. The Republicans had better take heed and keep using the methods the Democrats have used for several decades.

I'm curious as to how you see these nefarious tactics as an advantage to one party or the other.

1980. Reagan

1984. Reagan

1988. Bush

1992. Clinton

1996. Clinton

2000. Bush

2004. Bush

2008. Obama

2012. Obama

2016. Trump

Seems the GOP has won 6/10 races. Why would they need to change tactics?

I'm curious as to how you see these nefarious tactics as an advantage to one party or the other.

1980. Reagan

1984. Reagan

1988. Bush

1992. Clinton

1996. Clinton

2000. Bush

2004. Bush

2008. Obama

2012. Obama

2016. Trump

Seems the GOP has won 6/10 races. Why would they need to change tactics?

Not will. They already have changed tactics with the 2016 election. Reagan had benefitted in 1980 from Atwater's wedge issues. I think that carried him in 1984. 1988 Bush against Dukakis with some Atwater type tactics. Democrats in the 1980's ran some weak candidates. Bush in 1992 Read my lips no new taxes. At that time taxes had to be raised and the Clintons with Perot's help took the election. Nice guys finish last. Bush in 2000 was given the gig by hanging chads and SCOTUS. 2004 There was a huge discrepancy in Ohio. I guess Bush benefited from Democrat playbook. 2008 & 2012 Obama was very good at community organizing, an Alinsky tactic. 2016 Trump battles with the best of them. 2020 will be challenging for our voting system, but we must have Photo Voter I.D.s and better cyber fraud detection. Now is already considered late for protecting our vote computers. Call me a conspiracy theorist.

Not will. They already have changed tactics with the 2016 election. Reagan had benefitted in 1980 from Atwater's wedge issues. I think that carried him in 1984. 1988 Bush against Dukakis with some Atwater type tactics. Democrats in the 1980's ran some weak candidates. Bush in 1992 Read my lips no new taxes. At that time taxes had to be raised and the Clintons with Perot's help took the election. Nice guys finish last. Bush in 2000 was given the gig by hanging chads and SCOTUS. 2004 There was a huge discrepancy in Ohio. I guess Bush benefited from Democrat playbook. 2008 & 2012 Obama was very good at community organizing, an Alinsky tactic. 2016 Trump battles with the best of them. 2020 will be challenging for our voting system, but we must have Photo Voter I.D.s and better cyber fraud detection. Now is already considered late for protecting our vote computers. Call me a conspiracy theorist.

Bush in 92 was in trouble because he PROMISED no new taxes in the 88 campaign. He knew then taxes had to be raised and lied for leverage in 88.

Re-read my POST.I said that Bush was in trouble remember, " Read my lips no new taxes", and taxes had to be raised. And were.

I give up. You're obviously right. The GOP has been too passive and nice in all past elections. It's obvious the Dems only won because of dirty tricks and mean spirits. :isurrender:

I give up. You're obviously right. The GOP has been too passive and nice in all past elections. It's obvious the Dems only won because of dirty tricks and mean spirits. :isurrender:

Might as well surrender. These truths are self- evident: death, taxes, our mamaw is gonna defend her GOP folk regardless of what they do. :) She is a loyal lady.

I agreed with you Clinton beat Bush by taking advantage of the mistake he made when he promised no new taxes.

And to think when I registered in my youth, I'm a, dare I say it, I'm a Democrat. :sneaky:

You aren't alone on that. My guess is the large majority of posters on here first registered Democrat. A big chunk of the elected officials in N. Ky. were Democrats and then switched parties when the KY voting numbers started going Republican.

• 2 weeks later...