Cincinnati Children's Ranked 3rd in the Nation

hoops5

Been going at least once a year for 30 years. Their cardiology department is world-class.

Not sure if I should give that a like or not?? Love to hear they do a great job, hate to hear its been 30 years of visits. But I guess that beats only one visit!!

Not sure if I should give that a like or not?? Love to hear they do a great job, hate to hear its been 30 years of visits. But I guess that beats only one visit!!

One of these days they'll have to slice me open again, but until then we're at 25 years and counting of just checkups...:lol2:

I read the parameters of the ranking, I'd like to know who determines favorable outcomes.:idunno:

But it's never been a secret nationally that they've been first rate. Great to have something like that so close. Peace of mind for many in that region I'm sure.

I read the parameters of the ranking, I'd like to know who determines favorable outcomes.:idunno:

But it's never been a secret nationally that they've been first rate. Great to have something like that so close. Peace of mind for many in that region I'm sure.

For the Best Hospitals adult specialty rankings, risk-adjusted mortality 30 days after admission is a key outcome measure. Other measures now used by healthcare researchers as quality indicators include readmissions following surgical or hospital discharge, patient functional status (or improvement), infection rates, and medical complications.*****

Because of the absence of comprehensive national sources of pediatric outcomes data comparable to the Medicare Provider Analysis and Review (MedPAR) data used in the adult ings, outcomes-related data are obtained directly from pediatric hospitals through the Pediatric Hospital Survey. Such data include BSI rates, transplant survival rates, mitigation of adverse events, and surgical outcomes. Other data will be added over time to address the need for relevant outcomes measures and to provide a more complete picture of pediatric hospital care. Measures for the 2017-18 rankings were developed from recommendations by expert advisory panels, as previously described. Details on specific outcomes measures, how they were calculated and how they were scored are provided in the article below.

Outcome measures are shown by specialty. Scoring rules used to assign points to hospitals for these outcomes are also described. For all outcomes measures, a higher number of points indicates better outcomes (e.g., higher survival, lower mortality, fewer complications).

Access Denied

I'm humbled to have been an employee at CHMC. Firsthand I can tell you they are a class act. Good to see them get the recognition for being one of the best pediatric hospitals in the country.