Fix the Media

I'll give @capt278 the benefit of the doubt that he/she wasn't supposed to write a paper that was nonpartisan or unbiased on that assignment. Maybe I'll be proved wrong.

No, it was an unbiased paper. It was a paper on the 3 branches of government and how they fit within the separation of powers per the Constitution.

This professor was uber liberal

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, but that's utopia and just isn't going to happen.

Then we accept that life is messy, and humans will do what they do. It's fine with me. I just don't think anything needs to be fixed for just that reason. We just really need to stop looking for something, or someone to blame for everything. It's not that simple.

Well stated! I was trying to figure out how to say just this. As long as people like Rush, Rachel, Sean and Glenn get paid to celebrity dollars spout their "opinions", and people take their "opinions" as fact, there will be a problem. The issue isn't with the real news media. It is with us, the consumer, delighting in nothing more than being hyperbolic and not caring what the real truth is, versus the sensationalized, and fake outrage.

Rush, Glenn and Sean(when he is on the radio) will tell you they are presenting their viewpoints. They do not try to hide their political leanings on radio. At least they tell you that upfront, whereas MSNBC or CNN will try to make you believe they are delivering the news without a biased slant.

I still say no one will care until both sides of media will admit good from each party.

Trump can do same thing Obama did and msnbc demonizes him and calls for impeachment. There has to be more come to Jesus moments and bring everyone together.

Sometimes professors expect YOU to inject less of your opinion too.

I remember a state writing prompt asked students to argue why school uniforms were effective after reading an article supporting school uniforms. Many of the students chose to argue school uniforms were the wrong choice for schools completely missing the point.

I've only scanned this thread, so if this is repetitive sorry. In my opinion the biggest prejudice performed by the media, regardless of political slant (although it's obvious which direction most lean

By deciding which parts of a story to report, which story to ignore or emphasize, editing out portions of interviews, etc.; they can slant any topic to reflect their opinion. We've seen that in spades the last 20+ years, especially with the so called main stream media (network stations in particular). The coverage given the Clintons & Obama vs. the way Geo. Bush was treated is positively why many have NO faith in most outlets to actually report the news--Sad for the democracy.

Sometimes professors expect YOU to inject less of your opinion too.

I remember a state writing prompt asked students to argue why school uniforms were effective after reading an article supporting school uniforms. Many of the students chose to argue school uniforms were the wrong choice for schools completely missing the point.

I expect the same from professors. Clearly that is not happening.

I expect the same from professors. Clearly that is not happening.

:lol2:

It is their class.

In all this discussion no one has mentioned exactly what colleges and professors are professing that is so offensive.