Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper/Bowling Green predictions

Cooper vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Championship) 98 members have voted

  1. 1. Cooper vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Championship)

    • Cooper (31-4)
      69%
    • Bowling Green (35-2)
      30%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I love my stats. How's this one for the tourney?? Cooper in 3 games so far have held their opponents to a 38 pt avg.

 

In a game designed for flash,

Coopers defense goes

old school. They are something special to watch when their defense is in high gear. In their last 8 games, Fern Creek was the only team to score more than 39 points and they didn't break the 40 pt barrier until the last minute of the game.

 

Thats impressive in the era of the 3 point shot.

  • Replies 77
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my stats. How's this one for the tourney?? Cooper in 3 games so far have held their opponents to a 38 pt avg.

 

In a game designed for flash,

Coopers defense goes

old school. They are something special to watch when their defense is in high gear. In their last 8 games, Fern Creek was the only team to score more than 39 points and they didn't break the 40 pt barrier until the last minute of the game.

 

Thats impressive in the era of the 3 point shot.

 

Very impressive. Right before the tip tonight the person beside me ask who I had? I said Cooper because of their defense.

One thing I noticed about Cooper's defense tonight is they don't take chances. What I mean by that is they rarely go after steals, they rarely gamble on defense, which leads to my next point... They are NEVER out of position. (Never is probably a slight exaggeration, but it is extremely rare.) Always being in good position and rarely gambling for steals keeps them between the offense and the basket and makes it extremely difficult to score.

One thing I noticed about Cooper's defense tonight is they don't take chances. What I mean by that is they rarely go after steals, they rarely gamble on defense, which leads to my next point... They are NEVER out of position. (Never is probably a slight exaggeration, but it is extremely rare.) Always being in good position and rarely gambling for steals keeps them between the offense and the basket and makes it extremely difficult to score.

If you go back through the games, instead of steals, they tend to get their turnovers more times than not by pick pocketing the ballhandler when they relax. Quick hands by Dante Hendrix forces any opposing teams guards to never relax for a second. I believe the first two turnovers against Meade Co to start the game were just that.

One thing I noticed about Cooper's defense tonight is they don't take chances. What I mean by that is they rarely go after steals, they rarely gamble on defense, which leads to my next point... They are NEVER out of position. (Never is probably a slight exaggeration, but it is extremely rare.) Always being in good position and rarely gambling for steals keeps them between the offense and the basket and makes it extremely difficult to score.

 

You're right on with that assessment. Containment at all times. When they close they have a hand up and stay down. They play D the right way. They always seem to be in the right position.

They also switch at times and at other times they don't. They are always in sync with one another. They play great TEAM defense.

How many other times (if any) have two schools squared off against one another in a KHSAA football state championship and a Sweet 16 final?

 

BG over Cooper in the 2012 5A State Football Title game.

How many other times (if any) have two schools squared off against one another in a KHSAA football state championship and a Sweet 16 final?

 

BG over Cooper in the 2012 5A State Football Title game.

 

I know Trinity and Scott County did. In the same school year, in fact.

How many other times (if any) have two schools squared off against one another in a KHSAA football state championship and a Sweet 16 final?

 

BG over Cooper in the 2012 5A State Football Title game.

Tomorrows game has a battle cry #Redemption

I know Trinity and Scott County did. In the same school year, in fact.

 

Good call

 

Trump card there with it being the same year.

One last post about Coopers Defense, they held Fern Creek to 31 points below their average this year. That's impressive.

I don't either, lol.

 

I sure missed both games today in a big way with my predictions: BG by 20 and Fern Creek by 12.

 

So I'll not attempt a guess for Sunday.

 

C'mon, you only missed by 32 today, I'm confident you will not miss by that much with tomorrow's prediction.

Some Great D by Cooper definatley prevailed. The two northern Ky schools played great today.

If Cooper plays great defense like they did, and more especially, controls tempo and limits their turnovers like they did, they can beat BG. They turned Fern Creek into a jump-shooting team, and largely limited FC's 2nd-chance point opportunities. That negated chances to set up the press. Two of Cooper's 6 turnovers came after they finally broke through and scored after being held without a point for the first 5 minutes of the 4thQ.

 

I can totally see BG falling into that same trap, even with their interior advantages.

Crowd will be thin tomorrow, since the finals conflict with UofL and UK NCAA games, but I would expect most of those who do show up to be all-in for Cooper.

I would also anticipate a lot of casual NoKy folks to come to Lex. They're good about that. Wish more of the Scott crowd stuck around for the late game. It was neat how the Cooper folks rallied for Scott and made that arena very loud.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.