Cooper/Bowling Green predictions

Cooper vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Championship)  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Cooper vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Championship)

• Cooper (31-4)
    • Bowling Green (35-2)

Well here we go again. Posters again questioning Cooper and how they can't do this and can't do that and who's gonna guard such and such. Some of these same experts predicted the 2 NKY teams would get massacred in their games yesterday.

Scott takes BG to the absolute wire and frankly while BG survived they were very fortunate. Cooper is again outmanned but does what they always do, play defense and play hard and grind out a win.

Please, please, please keep underestimating the will of the Cooper Jags. True Cooper fans just sit back and listen because we've heard it all year. No predictions other than the 5 that will be on the floor will play hard and leave every ounce of energy on the court. Many doubters might just be surprised at the end of the game.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here we go again. Posters again questioning Cooper and how they can't do this and can't do that and who's gonna guard such and such. Some of these same experts predicted the 2 NKY teams would get massacred in their games yesterday.

Scott takes BG to the absolute wire and frankly while BG survived they were very fortunate. Cooper is again outmanned but does what they always do, play defense and play hard and grind out a win.

Please, please, please keep underestimating the will of the Cooper Jags. True Cooper fans just sit back and listen because we've heard it all year. No predictions other than the 5 that will be on the floor will play hard and leave every ounce of energy on the court. Many doubters might just be surprised at the end of the game.

I believe most people think this will be really close and not shocked by who wins. Cooper has been Top 10 all year and BG Top 5 in a variety of polls, 6 losses between them playing some really good competition.. I and others felt they had a shot when they made it to Rupp. Scott lost 12 games and were very surprising. I get that, not Cooper, though. I don't believe anyone has underestimated them at all.

Just because someone or people pick one team in a close one does not mean they don't think the other team is bad.

If you check the poll in this thread, you will see that 70% of the posters think Cooper will win. Sounds like Bowling Green is the team that isn't getting any respect.

I believe most people think this will be really close and not shocked by who wins. Cooper has been Top 10 all year and BG Top 5 in a variety of polls, 6 losses between them playing some really good competition.. I and others felt they had a shot when they made it to Rupp. Scott lost 12 games and were very surprising. I get that, not Cooper, though. I don't believe anyone has underestimated them at all.

Just because someone or people pick one team in a close one does not mean they don't think the other team is bad.

Never said anyone said Cooper is bad. My point is I'm sure how some, not all, posters can "predict" how their team will "bludgeon, beat the other team by large margins, don't have an answer for this or that, Cinderella wakes up, It'll be 1 vs. 2 like it should be, etc. etc. I have absolutely no concern whatsoever with everyone pulling for their team as they should. Then again, it is BGP and everyone is entitled to "their" opinion, hence, why it's BGP. I just am a firm believer that come tourney time "anything" can happen.

If you check the poll in this thread, you will see that 70% of the posters think Cooper will win. Sounds like Bowling Green is the team that isn't getting any respect.

Not that the poll means a lot but I'm sure if you took the same poll before 6:30 yesterday it would be flipped drastically. It's all good because no one on BGP, including myself, will ANY impact on this game. Whoever plays the best will win which is how it should be.

Unless "The Jake" suits up for Cooper I think the Purples win. BGHS 2 bigs, Taylor and Jones will control the paint. Deangelo and Harmon will do their thing. Purples survive the scare yesterday and will pull out a double digit win today.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If Purples win state today, I'm calling the hat trick. Football, Basketball and Baseball! That would be awesome (One can dream...)

This. I don't get it. People get all bent out of shape when people don't pick their team. It is possible to believe one team is very good, and still think another team might still be just a tad better.

Not a single person here is underestimating Cooper. Especially no one that has watched them

play this week against the states best. That still doesn't mean everyone has to pick them, and if they don't, that means they aren't giving Cooper respect.

Some of you folks out there need to relax and stop taking things so personal.

Never said anyone said Cooper is bad. My point is I'm sure how some, not all, posters can "predict" how their team will "bludgeon, beat the other team by large margins, don't have an answer for this or that, Cinderella wakes up, It'll be 1 vs. 2 like it should be, etc. etc. I have absolutely no concern whatsoever with everyone pulling for their team as they should. Then again, it is BGP and everyone is entitled to "their" opinion, hence, why it's BGP. I just am a firm believer that come tourney time "anything" can happen.

What is the issue with asking who is going to guard a certain player? I mean really? Let's be serious...

If you are just using that as a figure of speech, no problem. I have grandkids until 11:000 and then plan on heading down. I may see some of you, but I expect a large NKY contingent.

I guess it was actually an offer, but also a figure of speech. I do not have an extra ticket, I have been purchasing my tickets in the fan/student section and sitting near the students. Because of this, it pretty well ends up being open seating based on who gets there first.

I guess it was actually an offer, but also a figure of speech. I do not have an extra ticket, I have been purchasing my tickets in the fan/student section and sitting near the students. Because of this, it pretty well ends up being open seating based on who gets there first.

No problem at all. I thought that was the case. Maybe we'll meet up.