Cooper/Bowling Green predictions

Cooper vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Championship)  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Cooper vs. Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Championship)

• Cooper (31-4)
    • Bowling Green (35-2)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This. I don't get it. People get all bent out of shape when people don't pick their team. It is possible to believe one team is very good, and still think another team might still be just a tad better.

Not a single person here is underestimating Cooper. Especially no one that has watched them

play this week against the states best. That still doesn't mean everyone has to pick them, and if they don't, that means they aren't giving Cooper respect.

Some of you folks out there need to relax and stop taking things so personal.

LOL!! I could care less who picks who because it's not that serious. It will be a great game so I'll just leave it at that.

LOL!! I could care less who picks who because it's not that serious. It will be a great game so I'll just leave it at that.

You obviously care. You've made several references about people not picking or respecting Cooper over the past two days.

Unless "The Jake" suits up for Cooper I think the Purples win. BGHS 2 bigs, Taylor and Jones will control the paint. Deangelo and Harmon will do their thing. Purples survive the scare yesterday and will pull out a double digit win today.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

If Purples win state today, I'm calling the hat trick. Football, Basketball and Baseball! That would be awesome (One can dream...)

Not that it matters, but BG didn't dominate Scott with their bigs, and Cooper rebounds and plays better D then Scott. Cooper also beat Scott by like 25, which again doesn't matter but just makes me wonder why you think BG will have such an advantage?

The rebounding statistic from Cooper last night was a little skewed. The first 4 minutes Cooper got out-rebounded by like 10, then it was fairy even the rest of the night. I think you will see the two bigs tested for BG because they are going to have to guard on the perimeter!!!

5 point game either way, depending on who imposes their will in the speed of the game

How long has Cooper H.S. been in existence? Is it a consolidation of schools?

Opened in 2008 and no, it's not a consolidation of schools. It was an additional school in Boone County which made it 4 public schools in the county. What makes their run even more incredible in a short time is they are a closed enrollment too.

If Cooper plays great defense like they did, and more especially, controls tempo and limits their turnovers like they did, they can beat BG. They turned Fern Creek into a jump-shooting team, and largely limited FC's 2nd-chance point opportunities. That negated chances to set up the press. Two of Cooper's 6 turnovers came after they finally broke through and scored after being held without a point for the first 5 minutes of the 4thQ.

I can totally see BG falling into that same trap, even with their interior advantages.

I don't disagree but BG is a much better jump shooting team than Fern Creek. BG will be comfortable shooting jumpers.

The only team in KY to beat BG this year is Cov Cath - by 17. They did it with incredible shooting - and Cooper is knocking em down right now!

It's been a crazy tourney with BG dominating rhe powerhouse of Scott County then squeaking by the one man show of Scott HS.

I'm going with Cooper's shooting and their 1 3 1 D. Bring the trophy back to NKY and the 9th region!!!!

Well here we go again. Posters again questioning Cooper and how they can't do this and can't do that and who's gonna guard such and such. Some of these same experts predicted the 2 NKY teams would get massacred in their games yesterday.

Scott takes BG to the absolute wire and frankly while BG survived they were very fortunate. Cooper is again outmanned but does what they always do, play defense and play hard and grind out a win.

Please, please, please keep underestimating the will of the Cooper Jags. True Cooper fans just sit back and listen because we've heard it all year. No predictions other than the 5 that will be on the floor will play hard and leave every ounce of energy on the court. Many doubters might just be surprised at the end of the game.

Nice try. Cooper is leading 68-29 in the poll and all I am reading is what Cooper will do and what BG won't be able to do.