Thomas vs Clark, Who is the best running back?

dejavu

Kasey is an all around athlete influences a game in many positions - RB is just one on them.... likely not his best position ... Kasey is immediate

Thomas is a wide reciever , playmaker ... physical to play RB but again likely not his best position in the long run ... Mr Thomas has more long term "potential" upside .. but potential in football especially high school is somewhat overrated ..

Both kids can play and Thomas is really coming on ... good for our area

:thumb: Nice post. In all seriousness eveyone from this area should support and cheer for both these kids wherever they end up down the road. I know I will!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at the record books and I have followed both west and beach during their high school years and if I'm not mistaken beach has 70 total yards playing L.c. his senior year and west had 150+ enough said of who was the better high school player, much like clark and thomas........clark dont have the extra leg muscle that most scoouts look for!!!!!

I dont think Kasey is that much bigger or stronger, if at all. Especially considering that Matt has 1 more year of high school left.

The reason he has one more year of high school left is because he was held back in order to play basketball with....... forgive me, that's getting way off the subject.

I'm pretty sure there are only a few months seperating these young men's ages.

Take a look at the record books and I have followed both west and beach during their high school years and if I'm not mistaken beach has 70 total yards playing L.c. his senior year and west had 150+ enough said of who was the better high school player, much like clark and thomas........clark dont have the extra leg muscle that most scoouts look for!!!!!

No one cares about high school records when one players superior football talents take him to the NFL.

I dont think Kasey is that much bigger or stronger, if at all. Especially considering that Matt has 1 more year of high school left.

I know he's stronger. Matt will tell you that. Matt does have another year but both Kasey and Matt are the same age. Matt was held back in 8th grade for B-ball reasons. Kasey has done it for 2 years now and Matt for 2 games. A big measuring stick will be when Ashland plays schools their size. When they play good teams their size and not mediocre teams smaller than them.

The reason he has one more year of high school left is because he was held back in order to play basketball with....... forgive me, that's getting way off the subject.

I'm pretty sure there are only a few months seperating these young men's ages.

Regardless, Matt has one more year of football in which to bet bigger and stronger. :thumb: Which is one of the main reasons he may be more attractive to colleges.

No one cares about high school records when one players superior football talents take him to the NFL.

He hasn't taken a NFL snap yet, don't get a head of yourself. You seem to care an awful lot about stats and records GIAT. I hope he has long NFL career but as of now he hasn't had any career.

All good points, you must have seen both play quite a bit. I can say that I have seen both only on the field together as opponenets. Different styles and different personalities but great results from both. If you were to let me have either to build a team around I wouldn't complain. Comparing these two is like apples to oranges. If I were starting a team I would want them both.

Great Post!!!

He hasn't taken a NFL snap yet, don't get a head of yourself. You seem to care an awful lot about stats and records GIAT. I hope he has long NFL career but as of now he hasn't had any career.

I saw him play in an NFL game in person and he's on the payroll of the Green Bay Packers, thats enough for me. He'll be getting snaps next season, he's had more of an NFL career than anyone else from this area. :thumb: I dont know what else he would have to do to be considered an NFL player than what he had already done.

I saw him play in an NFL game in person and he's on the payroll of the Green Bay Packers, thats enough for me. He'll be getting snaps next season, he's had more of an NFL career than anyone else from this area. :thumb: I dont know what else he would have to do to be considered an NFL player than what he had already done.

You have to play in an NFL game to be an NFL player. You saw him play an exhibition game, not regular season game. He'll have to make the team all over again next season. He's on payroll because they believe he has the potential to be a NFL player but they are still uncertain. They still want to see more of what he can do. Like I said, I really hope he makes it.... It couldn't happen to a nicer and more deserving guy but don't get ahead of yourself. He's not an NFL player just yet.

You were comparing their size and strength right now. Then you threw in the fact that Matt has one more year of high school left.

I was simply pointing out the fact that they are the basically the same age right now.

Luxury of playing weaker competition? You're joking right? Who has Ashland played that is so great? Matt's a great back but he's had a few good games and they have come against 2A schools and P-burg is not very good. He's had a couple good games and Ashland fan's call him the best around. Don't get me wrong, I think Matt is a great back who could play college football somewhere(I think he'll play B-ball though). To say Kasey has reached his full potential is just crazy. I realize it's an opinion of a Tomcat faithful and you have to take it for what it's woth because Ashland fans will choose Matt and Russell fans will choose Kasey but you see him once a year which is not enough to determine a kid's potential. The skies the limit for both of these kids. I will tell you this, Kasey has NOT yet come near his full potential yet. Many collgege coaches will agree with me on that. You say Russell has the luxury of playing weak competition and I'll agree that their district is weak,except for Fleming, but their non-district and playoff schedule is not weak. Last year the non-district opponents consists of Ashland, Boyd, Greenup, Henry Co, Mercer, Newport, Belfry, Owensboro Catholic. Owensboro Catholic beat Ft. Cambell who had 6 D-1A recruits on the team. Catholic shut down Micah Johnson but could not shut down or even contain Kasey Clark. So to say Kasey has not played tough teams is absurd to say the least. We'll see how well Matt does against teams in 3A and I think that will be the measuring stick for him. See how he does against Johnson Central and in the playoff against teams who are the same size as Ashland. I hope he does well because I know Matt and wish nothing for the best for him. He's great kid who works really hard for everything he gets.

Slap in ones own face??

Just curious,

Yoter

I've come to the conclusion that Russell folks are happy with Clark, and that Ashland folks are tickled to death that Thomas has finally started fulfilling his potential, and that everyone else is pretty much indifferent.

Best of luck to both kids!!!