Will Secretary Flynn Survive - No

Clyde

Just heard a rather chilling description of this on the radio. Has a "mini-coup" occurred?

Unelected bureaucrats within the intelligence community leaked the information that eventually led to Flynn's ouster.

Does anyone have a problem the possibly illegalities that led to this? Should the people that leaked the information be sought out and prosecuted?

Add this to the bureaucrats in the IRS acting to slow down conservative groups in 2012 and is anyone else scared that the federal bureaucracy has become so powerful that they are able to directly influence policy?

Yes. It should be investigated and the leakers should be prosecuted. The issue with Flynn lying is a Flynn issue and has been dealt with. The issue with leakers is a country safety issue.

I firmly believe that many of the holdover bureaucrats from the Obama administration will continue to sabatoge the Trump administration. It is all part of the plan.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not excusing what Flynn did although I'm not so sure it rises to the crime against humanity that the Democrats are making it out to be but I also have an issue that the information was leaked illegally. First the IRS now the inelegance community using their power to influence policy. That needs to be addressed.

Just heard a rather chilling description of this on the radio. Has a "mini-coup" occurred?

Unelected bureaucrats within the intelligence community leaked the information that eventually led to Flynn's ouster.

Does anyone have a problem the possibly illegalities that led to this? Should the people that leaked the information be sought out and prosecuted?

Add this to the bureaucrats in the IRS acting to slow down conservative groups in 2012 and is anyone else scared that the federal bureaucracy has become so powerful that they are able to directly influence policy?

Kind of like cheering on the exposure of Podesta's emails and not caring about the hacking that led to it. Or supporting Snowden. Or caring about getting one year of Trump's tax return but not caring about how we got them.

Can we just detach party from the issues just once?

And isn't it probably at least as likely that the power highly-reported power struggle between Priebus/Bannon/Conway/Kushner might result in leaks in hopes that they will be blamed on one of the others?

Yes. It should be investigated and the leakers should be prosecuted. The issue with Flynn lying is a Flynn issue and has been dealt with. The issue with leakers is a country safety issue.

I firmly believe that many of the holdover bureaucrats from the Obama administration will continue to sabatoge the Trump administration. It is all part of the plan.

Isn't Flynn just a little bit of a country safety issue too?

So the National Security Advisor not telling the whole truth to an important part of the Administration is just a personal issue and not national?

A secret deal with Putin is discussed and then lied about for a couple of months but it's just a personnel and not national security issue?

Come on. :rolleyes:

What other things did Flynn not share?

The above is the same problem from both sides of the aisle. Instead of holding people accountable for Flynn's actions, and for hiring him in the first place - we start a campaign against the ones who "told on him."

BTW, I seem to recall the former Justice Department head told Trump about these calls a couple of months ago. She didn't leak them but told her boss who discounted them until proven otherwise.

So the National Security Advisor not telling the whole truth to an important part of the Administration is just a personal issue and not national?

A secret deal with Putin is discussed and then lied about for a couple of months but it's just a personnel and not national security issue?

Come on. :rolleyes:

What other things did Flynn not share?

The above is the same problem from both sides of the aisle. Instead of holding people accountable for Flynn's actions, and for hiring him in the first place - we start a campaign against the ones who "told on him."

BTW, I seem to recall the former Justice Department head told Trump about these calls a couple of months ago. She didn't leak them but told her boss who discounted them until proven otherwise.

It is an issue. Flynn is no longer in that position, right?

What was the secret deal with Putin? Please explain this.

Had they kept Flynn and tried to find the leakers, that would have been an issue. They fired Flynn. Trump can't go back an unhire him.

How do you know she wasn't the leaker? You don't.

Kind of like cheering on the exposure of Podesta's emails and not caring about the hacking that led to it. Or supporting Snowden. Or caring about getting one year of Trump's tax return but not caring about how we got them.

Can we just detach party from the issues just once?

And isn't it probably at least as likely that the power highly-reported power struggle between Priebus/Bannon/Conway/Kushner might result in leaks in hopes that they will be blamed on one of the others?

That's a big fat no.

Might it help to maybe investigate?

Absolutely. Investigate it. They also need to investigate where leaks are coming from.

Here is what bothers me about the past 25 days. Obama and Hillary tried to have a Russian reset and they were praised for it. Trump tries to get along with Russia and he is a villain.

4 years ago, Romney was told by Obama that Russia was not a threat. Now the Dems believe Russia is the greatest threat of all time.

The obstruction of cabinet nominees is appalling. It would be different if the Dems did not go Nuclear and they could actually hold up these nominees. It is sabatoge.

At what point do we give this president an opportunity to be successful?

It's treasonous to leak security information reguardless of the reason. I guess we should take Snowden back and give him a pardon and a government job. None of this is ok. Fired and prison is the answer. As much effort should be put into finding the moles as is in investigating Flynn. Lie detector tests for all.

Great example of the divide. Everyone is more concerned with trying to point out hypocrisies to defend actions than having substantive debate. It is all political discussion has become.
You're surprised? I've seen this sort of thing since the late seventies when I first started paying attention to politics. It's only gotten worse with the internet. If you think it's going to change over the next four years, eight years, 16 years or ever, you're going to be greatly disappointed. Just take a look at the media and the Democratic Party right now. Then take a look at the other side of the aisle. You really expect to see any change?