Will Secretary Flynn Survive - No

Clyde

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you like your truth massaged, sure is.

Does it matter, he's gone. Rarely does any Presidential appointment get "Fired" they all are allowed to resign.

I've had people that I like screw up and I counseled them to quit/resign...I've had people I didn't like screw up and I fired their butt...both ways they were gone due to the mistakes they made.

Does it matter, he's gone. Rarely does any Presidential appointment get "Fired" they all are allowed to resign.

I've had people that I like screw up and I counseled them to quit/resign...I've had people I didn't like screw up and I fired their butt...both ways they were gone due to the mistakes they made.

My beef is with the way in just a month the speakers for this administration have really been spinning the missteps taken early on. They have made the Obama Administration proud in the way they've continued the "alternative facts" campaign.

My beef is with the way in just a month the speakers for this administration have really been spinning the missteps taken early on. They have made the Obama Administration proud in the way they've continued the "alternative facts" campaign.

I agree....you mean like this, right ?

Tweet.png

Oh I agree they've had missteps. The White House for one needs a firm confident voice speaking for it. Secondly, unlike past administrations they don't need to be afraid to say " We screwed up" and just move on. They are good at moving on, but the original issues just gives the opposition something to wallow in. Just admit it and move on...but of course no White House EVERY likes to admit when they are wrong, not sure why this one should be held to a different standard.

Oh I agree they've had missteps. The White House for one needs a firm confident voice speaking for it. Secondly, unlike past administrations they don't need to be afraid to say " We screwed up" and just move on. They are good at moving on, but the original issues just gives the opposition something to wallow in. Just admit it and move on...but of course no White House EVERY likes to admit when they are wrong, not sure why this one should be held to a different standard.

I wouldn't say I'm holding them to a different standard. The one thing about this White House is that they really seem to plunge head long into mess without a sense of "logistics" and making sure everyone has plotted a path to success. If it doesn't work fine, but make sure there's a higher probability of success than the last months ideas have shown. I think they will right the ship and correct these missteps as the months roll ahead.

Flynn’s calls with Russia have been widely known, the administration just tried to say they were about totally unrelated topics than the sanctions. But I’m not buying the excuses here.

Obama announced the sanctions against Russia on December 29. Flynn makes five phone calls to Sergey Kislay, Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., on the same day. This was not in dispute. On December 30, Putin declines to retaliate against U.S. sanctions. Trump Tweets “Great move on delay (by V. Putin) – I always knew he was very smart!”

What are the odds Trump and Flynn aren’t on the same page here?

Flynn’s favorable disposition toward Russia was well-known before he was brought on by Trump. And that’s mostly been affirmed by Trump’s bizarre stance toward Russia (“Our country’s so innocent?”). So I find it hard to believe these two were out of sync on Russia policy and the timing of events was merely coincidental.

Further, Sally Yates and intelligence officials informed Trump’s team of the content of the calls at some point in January. It’s only since the illicit calls was exposed through the media that the administration back-tracked (Manafort’s fall off the Trump Train followed a similar trajectory). Since then, Trump has caterwauled about the media and leaks, but was apparently unwilling to fire Flynn (if Flynn was being totally subversive, I imagine Trump would be much angrier).

So, I’m not buying a lot of this stuff.

And this is “Exhibit A” on why Trump treats the media as the “opposition.” This sort of stuff is going to get exposed. But that also makes me wonder why this is the moment someone falls on their sword when the administration has so blithely lied and denied their way through every other controversy so far. Were Republicans going to get serious about investigating the administration if Flynn stayed on? Is there more?

Truth is a fluid concept in politics. Probably the same way Susan Rice was able to sell the YouTube narrative on 5 Sunday news programs.

I totally agree, but I'm still going to point out the lies. I didn't believe the Obama Administration in most cases and I'm starting to hear things in this one that is just as bad, if not worse.

Conway when confronted by the fact these allegations vs Flynn has been known for a month: "Well that's one characterization . . ." Couple this with "alternative facts" and she will never get to be a "real boy." :lol2:

It's at the 1:30 mark in this morning's interview.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/kellyanne-conway-michael-flynn-%e2%80%98knew-he%e2%80%99d-become-a-lightning-rod%e2%80%99/vi-AAmV4iI