Highlands at Columbus DeSales Predictions

jbwill2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can think he might be referring to is when DeSales was up and they put in their subs the Birds kept their starters in and I believe also did a successful onside kick. I don't think its shenanigans though, what were they supposed to do, roll over and just give up? Heck, you have to try to get back in the game.

Actually, DeSales kept a lot of their defensive starters in the most of the second half and put their starting O back in when Highlands scored a couple of td's in the second half. If anyone doubts me, they can come to my house and watch the tape. Any takers have to provide the pizza and adult beverages however.

Actually, DeSales kept a lot of their defensive starters in the most of the second half and put their starting O back in when Highlands scored a couple of td's in the second half. If anyone doubts me, they can come to my house and watch the tape. Any takers have to provide the pizza and adult beverages however.
I'll disagree just for the party, even if I have to bring the pizza and beer. :D

I don't know why anyone has a problem with starters stay in for the loosing team and the 2nd team goes in for the winning team. Heck the second half of the HHS /PSW game was Highlands 2nd against PSW starters. PSW played their hearts out the second half when many others might have given up. I don't believe there is a written rule or that it is even considered a courtesy for a coach to put his second team in when the opposing team has chosen to do so. It's football for crying out loud and the goal is to win.

I don't care one way or the other if a coach beating Highlands badly enough to pull his starters decides to put them back in after an onsides kick against his second teamers. I know the DeSales announcers were not happy about the events of the game and the coach had some comments about it after the game as well.

Should be a fun game.

I don't care one way or the other if a coach beating Highlands badly enough to pull his starters decides to put them back in after an onsides kick against his second teamers. I know the DeSales announcers were not happy about the events of the game and the coach had some comments about it after the game as well.

Should be a fun game.

This along with not allowing second teamers to run their true offense always has puzzled me. Since he put his starters back in he doesn't have anything to complain about, IMO.

This along with not allowing second teamers to run their true offense always has puzzled me. Since he put his starters back in he doesn't have anything to complain about, IMO.
Well, lets just hope the Birds can put a spanking on DeSales this Friday to give the coach and the announcers something else to whine about.

While meandering along the DeSales sideline (HHS stands) I heard several players and coaches mocking the Birds last year. I would be put on suspension if I wrote the comments verbatim (the theme was an overrated, crappy hillbilly team from Kentucky, and that they had forgotton more football than HHS knows). I'm sure HHS will have this loss fresh in their minds. Highlands is too strong up front on both sides of the ball to get whipped. I say HHS 28 to 14.

While meandering along the DeSales sideline (HHS stands) I heard several players and coaches mocking the Birds last year. I would be put on suspension if I wrote the comments verbatim (the theme was an overrated, crappy hillbilly team from Kentucky, and that they had forgotton more football than HHS knows). I'm sure HHS will have this loss fresh in their minds. Highlands is too strong up front on both sides of the ball to get whipped. I say HHS 28 to 14.

While I hope we are too strong for them up front, if DeSales is anywhere close to being as big and talented this year on their lines as they were last year, we'll be in for real battle. I believe DeSales is undefeated this year, so it sounds like they have reloaded quite capably. Birds need to tighten the chin straps and go into this one ready to play some smash mouth football.

As bad as the Birds thumped us Fri. night, I think they can play a lot better.. They may have lost a little focus after the quick early lead but SW had a LOT of open recievers on the pass plays.. Coach A had a good defense called to stop the run.. Missed tackles and yards after contact killed us the most.. If DeSales plays a simular defense and makes the tackles, the Birds will have to throw it more.. Didn't see a lot of the their pass game because they didn't have to throw it much against SW but it didn't look as crisp as it has in the past.. I think the Birds can crank it up a notch or two, surprise a few people and pull off the win..:thumb:

Commando, hit the nail on the head. BIRDS will need a strong outing on both sides of the ball and no mental misstakes. Last years game, "shennanigans" as someone put it, needs to be in the players minds and used as a motivator. DeSales did not respctour guys and when the coach went for the td inside a minute with the game in hand just reinforces that lack of respect. Go BIRDS and get ready for a good ballclub and yes they are a good club according to sources in Columbus.