Highlands at Columbus DeSales Predictions

jbwill2

I actually think DeSales is up there with X and Elder. This game is going to be a real battle. Don't get me wrong, we can win, but its going to take a supreme effort by every Highlands player stepping foot onto the field on every play. We can't afford any letdown on any play, and that includes special teams. If we slack off on a kickoff or punt, it may make the difference in a loss and a win. This game needs to be the game that Highlands proves it can play error free in a big game, because that's what its going to take to beat teams like CovCath on the road to State. Go Birds.

I'm trying to remember a single play where HHS slacked off. I do agree the Birds will have to play error free football to win, but that is usually the case in any closely matched game. With the Bye week being next week a win this week would be a positive building block for the rest of the season. I think the Birds come out ahead in this one 35-14.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to remember a single play where HHS slacked off. I do agree the Birds will have to play error free football to win, but that is usually the case in any closely matched game. With the Bye week being next week a win this week would be a positive building block for the rest of the season. I think the Birds come out ahead in this one 35-14.

I can't either, but then again, I haven't watched every player on every play. And for the record, I didn't say any of our players did slack off on any play in the past. I said we can't against DeSales. Its going to take not only an error free game, but maximum effort by every player on every play to beat DeSales. On every play, every lineman must get their block, every down field block must be made, and on every run the runner must not be content to just get 10 yards. Every defensive player must go all out and pursue the ball on every play. Can't be any blown pass coverage plays. If our kids go into this game thinking we'll win just because we played Elder and X tough, we'll lose. DeSales from what I know is every bit as good as those two teams and we lost to those two teams.