The downfall of Covington Catholic football

kypride

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You buying Championship Stock or Finals Stock?

Because as long as Bowling Green is cooking with gas at both the Feeder and High School Level I am not sure I see either taking down the Purples.

With that said, once this cross bracketing stuff ends and they return to the East the winner of that district SHOULD have a nice path to the Finals.

Hey, Buddy 😀

To be fair, Covington Catholic didn't beat Bowling Green! :lol2:

The downfall at cch and nearly two decades of getting blasted by the birds every year is over.... but to think the birds won’t rebound (as Cov cath did) is just bring ignorant. The birds will be back. And I certainly don’t think it will take 20 years.

Not sure where the 20 years is coming from, but that is living in the past. As far as the current stare of affairs, I don’t think it will take 20 years to come back, but it has been something like 750 days since they last led CovCath in a football game!

Not sure where the 20 years is coming from, but that is living in the past. As far as the current stare of affairs, I don’t think it will take 20 years to come back, but it has been something like 750 days since they last led CovCath in a football game!

You are absolutely right. Cov cath has won the past 2 years. Please tell me the head to head record over the past 20....

Well to be fair, HHS wasn’t good enough to reach the regionals the last two years so CCH couldn’t get the two a year Highlands has in the past.

Well to be fair, that statement could go back on cov cath as well for some of the years in the past during highlands recent streak. I know two years in a row for certain where the blueboys didn't make it to the regionals.

Boom!

This thread is several years too late. I know CCH had some very lean years after their 2006 championship where they did not have winning seasons but they obviously righted the ship years ago and have returned to being a force to be reckoned with.

How is it false?

Just because they charge tuition doesn't mean people have to have a lot of money to go there. If a student and family is set on attending CovCath (or any other Catholic HS that I've come across) and can't afford the tuition they will not be turned away. They have scholarships, tuition assistance and a slew of other programs to help make it happen.

Just because they charge tuition doesn't mean people have to have a lot of money to go there. If a student and family is set on attending CovCath (or any other Catholic HS that I've come across) and can't afford the tuition they will not be turned away. They have scholarships, tuition assistance and a slew of other programs to help make it happen.

Oh ok, I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't trying to slam the school or anything. I just attended the game with a CovCath family Saturday night and he was telling me some of the costs, etc.

Oh ok, I wasn't aware of that. I wasn't trying to slam the school or anything. I just attended the game with a CovCath family Saturday night and he was telling me some of the costs, etc.

No doubt it comes with a hefty price tag, as do most all Catholic/private schools. It's just a common misconception that only wealthy people can go to those schools.

No one thought they were down???? Whether you thought it or not they were definitely down. You all had a good year, congrats colonels. I am not afraid to say the birds have been down the last couple of years. It is hard to witness but it is what is at this point. We will be back and all will be right in NKY again.

People argued with me when I suggested that they were down and just said that they will be back with some magical fix, but couldn't offer anything more.

You know what they say about assuming.

Why would anyone other than a Highlands make this thread that was an attempt at mocking mine?

Why do I have the feeling BFritz is going to have this thread and post #51 thrown back at him a couple years?

You think that I'll have it thrown back at me because you think CovCath will be down or that Highlands will rebound?

You don't have to be Catholic. You just have to have a lot of money.

That would be entirely false.

We didn't have a lot of money growing up when my oldest brother went there or even too much when other brother started there. I went to school there with a lot of kids whose families didn't have much money. My dad's family was dirt-poor and he went there (although some people on here apparently think my parents didn't have to work much for what they had and were owed nothing after what happened to me). It's just people spending their money on the important things, like a quality education for their kids.

There are also ways to pay for it, as some people said, like the work program and other things.

Why would anyone other than a Highlands make this thread that was an attempt at mocking mine?

There's always people stirring the pot. I don't see anything in his posts that indicate he's a Highlands fan but maybe I didn't go back far enough.