Want to make sure I understand the new paradigm.

All Tell

Successful people (wealthy) who have actually made their wealth by doing something like running a company are not fit to serve in government

BUT

Successful people (wealthy) that have been in "public service" their whole life (Clinton, Obama) or married money (Kerry, Pelossi) are.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Successful people (wealthy) who have actually made their wealth by doing something like running a company are not fit to serve in government

BUT

Successful people (wealthy) that have been in "public service" their whole life (Clinton, Obama) or married money (Kerry, Pelossi) are.

Trump running a business is not why I don't think he's fit to be president. Sure the possible conflict of interest are somewhat concerning, I'm sure any issues can be worked out/around, and they rank very low on the list of potential problems. What has me and i think most others concerned is Trump's attitude, lack of tact, impulsiveness etc.

Trump running a business is not why I don't think he's fit to be president. Sure the possible conflict of interest are somewhat concerning, I'm sure any issues can be worked out/around, and they rank very low on the list of potential problems. What has me and i think most others concerned is Trump's attitude, lack of tact, impulsiveness etc.

Read the threads about the cabinet picks.

Read the threads about the cabinet picks.

I haven't read through them. Are people saying rich folks can't be in the cabinet or do they have something particular that bothers them i.e. Sessions/racial past?

Or is it possible people may be pointing out the irony of "Drain the Swamp" with the Wall St picks?

No one should ever be vilified for being a financial success as long as it was done legally/ethically. It's still about the person.

I haven't read through them. Are people saying rich folks can't be in the cabinet or do they have something particular that bothers them i.e. Sessions/racial past?

Or is it possible people may be pointing out the irony of "Drain the Swamp" with the Wall St picks?

No one should ever be vilified for being a financial success as long as it was done legally/ethically. It's still about the person.

Those " rich" people made their money outside of politics. Drain the swamp is referring to those who are using politics "corruptness, kickbacks, pay to play politics, scandels" to enrich themselves in office. If your getting rich in political office you're probably doing something wrong, illegal or unethical.

RJS, while we don't agree on politics very often, I really respect this post...

Those " rich" people made their money outside of politics. Drain the swamp is referring to those who are using politics "corruptness, kickbacks, pay to play politics, scandels" to enrich themselves in office. If your getting rich in political office you're probably doing something wrong, illegal or unethical.

DTS also refers to outside influence ex: Wall St. So it surely catches some's attention when the team includes Goldman Sachs folks.

The swamp will never be drained. That's a myth. Politics will always be swampy.

But it sounds good just like "Make America Great Again." No thinking required.

DTS also refers to outside influence ex: Wall St. So it surely catches some's attention when the team includes Goldman Sachs folks.

The swamp will never be drained. That's a myth. Politics will always be swampy.

But it sounds good just like "Make America Great Again." No thinking required.

Just like "Hope and Change".

I do not think Trump is ready to be president and I voted for him. I think Vice-President Pence will play a vital role over the next years.

What I don't understand is what these protesters or conspiracy theorists think is going to happen. Do some people actually think that on Friday Trump will not be inaugurated?

And if for some reason he is not, why do these people think that Hilary is automatically going to be sworn in?

By the same token, it's people like Tillerson and Trump in private society who have long been enriching the denizens of the DC swamp. That money comes from somewhere, and it's big corporate lobbies.

By the same token, it's people like Tillerson and Trump in private society who have long been enriching the denizens of the DC swamp. That money comes from somewhere, and it's big corporate lobbies.

While this is true. I would hope that the elected had some self guiding ethical standards about them. Seems not to be so.