Open Job: McCracken County

Toothpick

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think about the only thing keeping a HC in KY is hometown roots-

You consider all the most successful coaches in KY and they are coaching in their own back yards. Very few have came in and developed something great.

A lot of truth there.

But also the roots they create if not maybe from where they've coached for years.

I mention it every year, but you don't see coaches playing leap frog much these days. It's a lot to uproot families for a profession that doesn't offer any real financial significance to do so.

I'd love to see them land Morris (ain't gonna happen though). He'd pull a lot from Tilghman, Massac, etc. Probably get more in house kids out as well. Their facilities are 2nd to none on this side of the state.

Isn't this comment enough to scare applicants away? Aren't you basically saying McCracken County itself doesn't produce enough players to compete and therefore you'll need transfers (dicey proposition; how do you get them?) from the city and Illinois to be successful?

Isn't this comment enough to scare applicants away? Aren't you basically saying McCracken County itself doesn't produce enough players to compete and therefore you'll need transfers (dicey proposition; how do you get them?) from the city and Illinois to be successful?

They are already pulling kids from other schools. There just maybe more if some like Morris went there.