Open Job: McCracken County

Toothpick

It's the same way with all sports----coaches arent making much money and are in some cases getting their teaching duties added to, not subtracted from. That's why the turnover is like that of a fast food restaurant. Coaches get into it knowing what they are going to make.....but after a while alot of them figure out that they are costing themselves, their families, their futures time and money by staying in it. It is noble to want to help the kids out, but at what expense?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson will, in my opinion, be hard pressed to do any better than he is now from the classroom standpoint and money. He had no teaching duties at McCracken and made roughly $75K. He was the head grounds keeper. I doubt that he will be making any more money. he will be back where he wants to be in the deep South. He is actually from near Paducah, growing in the Mo. Bootheel.

Jackson will, in my opinion, be hard pressed to do any better than he is now from the classroom standpoint and money. He had no teaching duties at McCracken and made roughly $75K. He was the head grounds keeper. I doubt that he will be making any more money. he will be back where he wants to be in the deep South. He is actually from near Paducah, growing in the Mo. Bootheel.

I dare say he won't be doing a thing there either, as in nothing all day outside of maybe being in the weight room. Coordinators in that part of the country make in upwards of 12-15K or more as their daily wage goes up in correspondence with the amount of extended days they have.

I personally am good friends with a guy down that way who is in the weight room all day and makes in the above neighborhood for coaching & Camden County is a step up from his program.

It's hard to imagine how it is down in GA unless either being there or knowing people that are, but it just is. Not to mention that Camden County is literally on a national level. It's the epitome of "big time."

That sounds crazy to pay a high school coach that much. Let's see, if their stadium holds 10,000 and they charge 5 bucks a head to get in and sell out they make at least 50,000 per home game. Seven home games equals $350,000. You have to pay for that stadium and the facilities and equipment, etc, but with those numbers I can see a coach in a program like that making big bucks. What do the head coaches in Cincinnati's GCL programs make?

I'm pretty sure most tickets are in the $8-$10 range. Many schools change for parking in the school parking lot and get to keep all their profits from concessions. They also have business partners that make annual donations to the program. They also get to keep advertising revenue. It's run like a business, which allows schools to be able to afford those salaries.

Let's see.. $75,000 is nice but that doesn't compare to what he will be doing or making in Georgia. Harry said it best- if you have not lived it or know somebody who did then you truly have no idea. And you can add to the fact that Camden County is a top tier team so he will be paid well above others. And he will be focused solely on football and winning in his job.

Imo, this is mike rodgers job if he wants it..upon his resignation from PT, mccracken county Ad posted a tweet saying they supported him and it would be an honor to have him an mccracken..so, is the mike rodgers wing-t era coming to the mustangs?

I don't think it will be Rogers, just a hunch and not based on anything