Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Be The Ref...

Featured Replies

What would we do without you, Clyde?

 

You have certainly left me open to a lot of shots!

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a pre-game issue...and I say this every time....

 

Blow and Hold....it's that simple.

 

In no way is an official obligated to "over quick" a call....just blow the whistle, signal to stop clock, look at your partner and release to primary....

 

I do believe that more often than not a blarge is being "over quick"

This is a pre-game issue...and I say this every time....

 

Blow and Hold....it's that simple.

 

In no way is an official obligated to "over quick" a call....just blow the whistle, signal to stop clock, look at your partner and release to primary....

 

I do believe that more often than not a blarge is being "over quick"

 

Always...especially if you've got a move you like to use on a block/charge call.

In no way is an official obligated to "over quick" a call....just blow the whistle, signal to stop clock, look at your partner and release to primary....

 

 

Does this mean primary official? Would that be C in this scenario? Guy on the same side and closest to the ball?

Definition of Blarge......One of us is completely wrong and we will never tell you who it is!

If it happened on the play I described they called it incorrectly.

 

The only time I've seen it be a jump ball is when the collision happens AFTER the ball is released. At that point there is no possession so you go to the arrow.

 

Thanks for the clarification. I know my rules pretty good and I have often corrected refs on some of them.

Thanks for the clarification. I know my rules pretty good and I have often corrected refs on some of them.

 

I bet they love you for that! :lol2:

Does this mean primary official? Would that be C in this scenario? Guy on the same side and closest to the ball?

 

In this scenario, I would say yes. ("C" as described in scenario, not by the graphic below) The Lead official in transition, who is running with the break, would be primary IMO and should take this call for a couple reasons:

 

1) They probably have best look

2) It looks best because they are closest

 

In a non-transition situation, it depends, and is usually discussed in pre-game. The slot official (opposite lead) would take it all the way to the rim, the trail official would release this to lead. It can change, but it should always be agreed upon prior to game. Court.png

@Clyde what if a blarge is called in the act of shooting and the ball goes in the basket?

@Clyde what if a blarge is called in the act of shooting and the ball goes in the basket?

 

It depends.

 

If the ball was NOT released PRIOR to contact then it doesn't matter if it goes in or not. Offense will get the ball nearest the foul.

 

If the ball WAS released PRIOR to the shot AND it goes in then you still have the two fouls and the defense will have the ball out of bounds to bring it up the floor.

I bet they love you for that! :lol2:

 

Not if you do it the right way.

  • Author

It's worth noting that I thought, outside of the one call, the refs did a fine job last night. Easy to say from the winning side of things, but I try to minimize the perceived effect officials have on a game in any situation.

Blarge-what happens when an officiating crew has NO idea what happened.

 

I don't follow.

Blarge-what happens when an officiating crew has NO idea what happened.

 

Different angles; that's all it is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.