Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Be The Ref...

Featured Replies

Gotcha. Well, they need to do as college and stick to it. I agree. Sorry for the confusion.

 

Agree and no problem

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I understand, however, and again, someone correct me if I'm off base here, but a "blarge" (:puke:) was a word made up by a wise guy in the stands when two referees perceived contact differently, in order to point out the discord among the officials, which, admittedly, is different from the scenario I presented. My apologies in that regard.

 

To my knowledge, there is no such infraction in the KHSAA rulebook.

 

Blarge is in fact defined in the rules book.

 

Yes and by rule, officials must go with a double foul when it occurs

 

I will wait patiently while you provide the Section and Article that contains this information…..

 

And no, the 3rd ref could easily have a good view. To imply that 1/3 never has a good view is simply not a fact. Of course he could. But there are clearly examples when he may not have a view. But I still think the 3rd ref deciding is better than a jump ball, even if he didn't have the best view it's better than a jump ball.

 

I'll try to be as clear as possible to help you understand…the reason there are 3 officials on the court is to cover more court. In no way should all 3 officials ever be looking at the exact same play in this scenario. So I will have to say you are absolutely and entirely wrong that a 3rd ref could "easily have a good view"…..

 

See if this helps you understand what each should be looking at…..what you are describing is a train wreck that I would be highly suspect of…..

 

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 4.31.27 PM.png

I will wait patiently while you provide the Section and Article that contains this information…..

 

OK you win. Blarge isn't in high school rules book, however 4.19.8 Situation C covers the blarge play

I'll try to be as clear as possible to help you understand…the reason there are 3 officials on the court is to cover more court. In no way should all 3 officials ever be looking at the exact same play in this scenario. So I will have to say you are absolutely and entirely wrong that a 3rd ref could "easily have a good view"…..

 

See if this helps you understand what each should be looking at…..what you are describing is a train wreck that I would be highly suspect of…..

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59837[/ATTACH]

 

Again, It's not a perfect resolution. Maybe the ref on the outside should stop calling charges. Only place I've seen blarges are in high school. Never in college. Do whatever college and NBA are doing to keep from such a stupid call.

Again, It's not a perfect resolution. Maybe the ref on the outside should stop calling charges. Only place I've seen blarges are in high school. Never in college. Do whatever college and NBA are doing to keep from such a stupid call.

 

Saw one in a Division 1 game last year. The men's side treats it just like high school does. The women's side is the only one who is different

Saw one in a Division 1 game last year. The men's side treats it just like high school does. The women's side is the only one who is different

 

I've never seen one in college basketball. I've personally seen two in person in high school. Not saying they don't exist but I've never seen one in college or pro.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.