Scott County at Lafayette Class 6A Semifinal

LVGambla32

Scott County at Lafayette Class 6A Semifinal  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Scott County at Lafayette Class 6A Semifinal

I just hope that Lafayette can forego their continual classless trash talking and unsportsmanlike play, and elevate their conduct to the same level as their talent. Unfortunately, life's lessons (both good and bad) are forged by what happens on the battlefield. A victory by these Generals as they now conduct themselves, sets deep mis-guided footsteps for future players to follow.

I just hope that Lafayette can forego their continual classless trash talking and unsportsmanlike play, and elevate their conduct to the same level as their talent. Unfortunately, life's lessons (both good and bad) are forged by what happens on the battlefield. A victory by these Generals as they now conduct themselves, sets deep mis-guided footsteps for future players to follow.

Absolutely spot on.

Its always "Lafayette's classless trash talking and unsportsmanlike play" . Why do none of the opponents catch any of the blame? Do we honestly think they trash talk to themselves for no reason? Are they not jawing back and forth with an opponent or are they never provoked?

1st round of the playoffs, Louisville Butler WHOLE team left their sideline and came 53 yards to the Lafayette sideline for an encounter. Not 1 player left the Lafayette sideline. Im sure somehow, this was classless and unsportsmanlike by Lafayette too, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that Lafayette does their fair share of trash talking, taunting and uncalled for action after the whistle. However, why does Lafayette get all the blame?

"A victory by these Generals as they now conduct themselves, sets deep mis-guided footsteps for future players to follow" is absolutely wrong in my opinion. Have you ever been around this team or these players? You will NEVER find a more classy, respectful, intelligent young man than Lafayette's best player and leader, Walker Wood.

Will Bischoff, Darwin Flores, Xavier Douglas, Quinten Brown, Matthew Guilfoil along with many more of these Generals are all examples of the type of young man I want my son to grow up and be. All of these guys are very important to the success of this football program over the last 4 years. Its unfortunate that you think these guys winning is a negative for our youth.

I have a problem with this post. You make it sound so one sided, I've witnessed firsthand the same classless actions from the Cards (and if you look hard enough, any team) as well. No matter how great a program is, no matter what pedestal a coach is put on, there are always going to be players that are outliers to the core beliefs of team & sportsmanship & do things that are not within the core beliefs of how we feel the game should be played & how they as players should carry themselves, both on & off the field.

Couldn't have said it better myself @PAPA PIGSKIN.

Its always "Lafayette's classless trash talking and unsportsmanlike play" . Why do none of the opponents catch any of the blame? Do we honestly think they trash talk to themselves for no reason? Are they not jawing back and forth with an opponent or are they never provoked?

1st round of the playoffs, Louisville Butler WHOLE team left their sideline and came 53 yards to the Lafayette sideline for an encounter. Not 1 player left the Lafayette sideline. Im sure somehow, this was classless and unsportsmanlike by Lafayette too, correct?

Don't get me wrong, I understand that Lafayette does their fair share of trash talking, taunting and uncalled for action after the whistle. However, why does Lafayette get all the blame?

"A victory by these Generals as they now conduct themselves, sets deep mis-guided footsteps for future players to follow" is absolutely wrong in my opinion. Have you ever been around this team or these players? You will NEVER find a more classy, respectful, intelligent young man than Lafayette's best player and leader, Walker Wood.

Will Bischoff, Darwin Flores, Xavier Douglas, Quinten Brown, Matthew Guilfoil along with many more of these Generals are all examples of the type of young man I want my son to grow up and be. All of these guys are very important to the success of this football program over the last 4 years. Its unfortunate that you think these guys winning is a negative for our youth.