Trinity 35 St. Xavier 13

PepRock01

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried about this game, especially after seeing the fire in the frosh and JV teams from X. I think it was there in the varsity guys as well but Trinity was also fired up.

Trinity is getting better as the season progresses.

I really hope there's a rematch this year.

Congratulations Trinity on winning every phase on game. Best execution and coaching I have seen. We need to improve a ton.

Go Tigers

One of the things I have wondered about regarding St. X under Wolford is if they seem to have an overarching identity as a team.

Under Glaser you knew they would run you over and you knew they would hit you hard. A tough squad that you weren't going to intimidate. Has Wolford been able to instill his own identity of sorts for them? As much as we banter with each other I do want X to do well and improve, I just haven't seen anything like that with the Wolford squads. But then again I haven't watched his teams play as much as Glaser's.

A few numbers for consideration:

Beatty is 19-8 vs. St. X

At the time of the now infamous hat tip Glaser was 7-8 vs. Trinity, 3 years later he "retired" with a 7-14 record against Trinity.

Wolford was brought in because of X's recent lack of success against Trinity. He is currently 1-5 vs. The Rocks.

One of the things I have wondered about regarding St. X under Wolford is if they seem to have an overarching identity as a team.

Under Glaser you knew they would run you over and you knew they would hit you hard. A tough squad that you weren't going to intimidate. Has Wolford been able to instill his own identity of sorts for them? As much as we banter with each other I do want X to do well and improve, I just haven't seen anything like that with the Wolford squads. But then again I haven't watched his teams play as much as Glaser's.

Not much of an identity under Wolford. But then again, he did not come in with a philosophy of how to run a program. Therefore, how can there be an identity?

The one common statement I hear from Wilford, especially after loses to Male, T, and BG is the opposing team being more physical. I have never been to a Wolford practice, but it doesn't appear that "toughness" is demonstrated from the top.

This morning when I skimmed the game article, I wanted to throw my phone into a wall when I read the statement that "they were more physical than us". Is T better? Yes, and it is what it is, but not being able to match physicality with any opponent is unacceptable.

Tigers have to learn from this and continue to be successful within the district; hope to meet again in the playoffs.

The one common statement I hear from Wilford, especially after loses to Male, T, and BG is the opposing team being more physical. I have never been to a Wolford practice, but it doesn't appear that "toughness" is demonstrated from the top.

This morning when I skimmed the game article, I wanted to throw my phone into a wall when I read the statement that "they were more physical than us". Is T better? Yes, and it is what it is, but not being able to match physicality with any opponent is unacceptable.

Tigers have to learn from this and continue to be successful within the district; hope to meet again in the playoffs.

That was something that Glaser teams always were for sure , tough.

I agree with many of the folks here, St X needs to find an identity and I'm not quite sure it is the current offense that we're running. I hate not having tight ends and running north-south with simple play-action passes. Seems to work well with Alabama Michigan and Trinity. Beatty and Coverdale do a great job of running, in actuality, 6-8 different plays out of a lot of different motions and sets and freezing the linebackers with boots and counters.