Highlands - the cavalry is coming?

dallaslaredo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can blame the coaches if the players are not lined up right or the techniques are wrong for the personnel but in the end you have to have the Jimmy's and the Joes. Unfortunately their DB's are undersized and have trouble covering. Sam Taylor at Safety plays 110% on every play and is a fierce hitter but he also struggles covering the middle of the field. The pass rush needs work but they defend the run fairly well and the linebackers have to fill the holes quicker to create havoc and let others get involved. It's just not a very good defense and they are going to have to outscore opponents if they want to advance. BTW, any criticism on here is not indicative of the kids efforts as they do give their all when they are out there, that is quite evident.

I blame coaching when it is totally evident that this team has no business platooning! Plus the defense has been a disaster for years. The scheme and personnel both need to be adjusted. I think if Highlands wasn't a total platoon team they might have a couple more wins..JMO

What the future holds is anyones guess. Here is my guess....

I would think that the 2007-2014 run by Highlands was a bit of a statistical outlier - given that it is the most dominant run by any program in KY state history.

I also think that the struggles of the last the last two seasons are also a bit of a statistical outlier.

My guess is that future lies someplace in between 7 state titles in 8 years and a trip to the state semi-finals (in a down year). If the future lies between those extremes it might not be all gloom and doom. :D

Tied with Trinity's 2005-2012 run which also earned seven of eight titles.

Although, I believe Highlands is the only team to take six consecutive titles which they earned in their 2007-2012 seasons.

There is no Stegmans, Nevels, Mitchells, Smiths, Lorenzens, Grovers, Frisks amd Hoges coming up any time soon.

And yes there is. But I'm sure you know better than us.

And didn't you read the other post. Towles didn't even start at QB his freshman year. Kids develop!

And all we have talked about is depth. Not one or two kids.

But again, there are some good ones too! But you can keep thinking there isn't.

Curious is to where these guys came from?

I only know where a few have came from.

All came from great families. Some were bred Highlands football. Some grew up wanting to be part of Highlands football. And some had parents that wanted what was best for their kids to get the best education and athletic experience possible to help them advance to the next level.

The pipeline is fine! Taylor and Greene had bad games. The boys give 110%. Sam keep your head up. Remember when you leave your feet and I would get so mad. Safety play was bad but believe in yourselves! Not two better kids and we believe in you. Start fresh new season today and I will always be cheering!!