Danville 43 Boyle County 15

I agree but my point is for Boyle fans who are saying wait till next year, other teams have rising young players and they have to be blended with 3 or 4 classes. So to rely on one or two classes and think that they will win championships for a long run is not true, it takes year after year of good and great classes to contend every year. And with that being said Clay is building a good program that looks to be good every year now.

Clay has done an excellent job at making things how it used to be at Danville. It is great to see and is much needed. I don't think enough can be said about the job Coach Clevenger has done.

I do think Boyle County will be much stronger the next few years starting next year. I really like this freshman class. I loved the class of Lamar Dawson/Chris Cook and I feel like this Boyle County freshman class is every bit as talented as that class was, if not more.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was told that there was a couple for sale signs up in coach smiths front yard this morning. If true that is rediculous!! Haven't heard anything like that since coach harps first year at Danville when they started off 0-3 back in 1988.

If this is true then I hope Coach Smith knows that a majority of Boyle County fans don't feel that way and I hope one pocket of "Boyle County fans" doesn't sour his homecoming. I haven't talked to anyone who is mad at Coach Smith.

You do know Danville returns everybody but Dampier. Harris, Vancleave, Walker, Hill, are all Juniors on their roster. They start Sophomores on the line. I think Danville wins next year, and after that Boyle wins 2 in a row against Danville.

Agreed. Zach Thornton takes over next year and he is very talented and I was also told he is standing at 6'4" now. It won't be an easier for Boyle County next year against Danville. It should be a better game. Hopefully.

I was responding to a post that Corbin could not handle Danville speed. And for the record waggner and central are on 2 different levels. I take Redhounds next week.

Central is not great this year. I wasn't overly impressed with them last year to be honest. Central was defeated 20-14 by Corbin last week. Yesterday Christian Academy-Louisville beat Central 44-14. I'm in the camp that believes Danville is at worst the third best team in 2A and right now CAL is #2. I'm also in the camp that has felt since last year that Danville is and would be better this season than they were last season. I think Danville wins going away against Corbin. 2-3 TDs. The Admirals are really good, they are well coached and they are hungry. I expect the Admirals to meet Mayfield at WKU.

If this is true then I hope Coach Smith knows that a majority of Boyle County fans don't feel that way and I hope one pocket of "Boyle County fans" doesn't sour his homecoming. I haven't talked to anyone who is mad at Coach Smith.

Same here. I know of no one that is upset with Coach Smith! I can't say that it did or didn't but IMO I just don't believe that happened.

Does Coach Smith even live in Danville? I know he was living in Lexington when he coached at UK and his wife got a job in the Lexington schools. The first year he was back I'm almost positive he was commuting but a lot can change in a few years and I don't keep up with people's addresses.

Not sure what you're talking about but if it's the qb situation lanter didn't look ready either. It is hard as a freshman to play at a high level.

He may or may not be ready but I would hardly count three plays last night as an adequate judge of that.

The coming weeks will tell the story.

One concern I had as a Danville fan last night was that 80% or so snaps coming from under center to Dampier were high. The OL is inexperienced and I hope that gets under control because it could cause some problems around playoff time.

I felt good for Clevenger that he got his first win in this rivalry series. It's the culmination of a lot of hard work to get DHS football competitive at a high level again.

Edit: I should also add that I commend both teams for playing a respectful game. Very few penalties, no major taunting, and no scuffles on the field.

One concern I had as a Danville fan last night was that 80% or so snaps coming from under center to Dampier were high. The OL is inexperienced and I hope that gets under control because it could cause some problems around playoff time.

I felt good for Clevenger that he got his first win in this rivalry series. It's the culmination of a lot of hard work to get DHS football competitive at a high level again.

Edit: I should also add that I commend both teams for playing a respectful game. Very few penalties, no major taunting, and no scuffles on the field.

One concern I would have as a Danville fan would be way too many players having leg cramps late in the game. But, they where running up and down the field the whole night.