Danville 43 Boyle County 15

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

Great job Ads.

What's going on at Boyle?

Boyle County is inexperienced. A lot of first time starters on both sides of the ball. Their best player is hurt and I don't think he played tonight. A lot of the players that Boyle County will be counting on in the future are indeed young so the best way to say it is that Boyle County is going and inexperienced. However, Boyle County started off against a pretty decent North Hardin team, Lafayette and tonight an inspired Danville team capable of playing with quite a few teams in higher classifications. It's not like Boyle County is losing to Burgin. They are losing to high quality teams. They will be fine as they learn more in practice and on Friday nights. I imagine we will begin to see the youth movement at Boyle County begin to start in the near future.

I laugh at the thought Boyle fans blame this on I experience. Danville replaced almost their whole team. The difference to me is the sophomores, juniors and seniors just aren't good enough. I would say they should move on and play whatever freshmen can play.

Some questions for everyone.

- How good does Danville compare to the 4, 5 or 6A? Do they hang with Lafayette or Scott? Do they beat Henry Clay?

- Reletative to Anderson and Mercer, how should these three be rated/ranked?

For Boyle:

- Is the door open for Garrard in the district? Maybe even Western Hills?

- How would Boyle do against a 2A LCA? Or Franklin County or Southern Madison?

I never thought in my lifetime that I would see a parent have influence on Coach Smith, but people I think it is quite obvious.

Not sure what you're talking about but if it's the qb situation lanter didn't look ready either. It is hard as a freshman to play at a high level.

I laugh at the thought Boyle fans blame this on I experience. Danville replaced almost their whole team. The difference to me is the sophomores, juniors and seniors just aren't good enough. I would say they should move on and play whatever freshmen can play.

Laugh all you want.

Danville brought back one of the best QBs in the state who has been starting since his freshman year, hasn't he? VanCleave was one of their better receivers last year, David Walker showed last season he was capable of excelling at the varsity level before he got hurt and Christian Hill also had a strong season last year. Danville brought back some pretty strong pieces this year from a team that made the state semis. All of those players mentioned make Danville the strong team that they are. Add in all the talent at Danville as well as the guidance under of Coach Clevenger and it is easy to see why Danville is one of he best teams in 2A and poised to make a deep run in November.

Boyle County didn't bring back any kind of experience like that and Boyle County currently isn't as talented as Danville. To act like part of the problem with Boyle County isn't inexperience is laughable to me. They'll be fine going forward this year and next so I'm not worried at all. Just being realistic.

Everyone relax. Danville always beats Boyle every 4 or 5 years. Enjoy this one. It want happen again for another4 or 5 years. It is a big rivalry game. Second Corbin handle Louisville Centrals speed, So?

Corbin handled Waggener's speed last year and still lost to Danville 20-0 last year. Corbin handled Central's speed this year. Danville is better than Central. Danville will beat Corbin. Especially if Dampier has time to throw.

Laugh all you want.

Danville brought back one of the best QBs in the state who has been starting since his freshman year, hasn't he? VanCleave was one of their better receivers last year, David Walker showed last season he was capable of excelling at the varsity level before he got hurt and Christian Hill also had a strong season last year. Danville brought back some pretty strong pieces this year from a team that made the state semis. All of those players mentioned make Danville the strong team that they are. Add in all the talent at Danville as well as the guidance under of Coach Clevenger and it is easy to see why Danville is one of he best teams in 2A and poised to make a deep run in November.

Boyle County didn't bring back any kind of experience like that and Boyle County currently isn't as talented as Danville. To act like part of the problem with Boyle County isn't inexperience is laughable to me. They'll be fine going forward this year and next so I'm not worried at all. Just being realistic.

I agree but my point is for Boyle fans who are saying wait till next year, other teams have rising young players and they have to be blended with 3 or 4 classes. So to rely on one or two classes and think that they will win championships for a long run is not true, it takes year after year of good and great classes to contend every year. And with that being said Clay is building a good program that looks to be good every year now.

Everyone relax. Danville always beats Boyle every 4 or 5 years. Enjoy this one. It want happen again for another4 or 5 years. It is a big rivalry game. Second Corbin handle Louisville Centrals speed, So?

You do know Danville returns everybody but Dampier. Harris, Vancleave, Walker, Hill, are all Juniors on their roster. They start Sophomores on the line. I think Danville wins next year, and after that Boyle wins 2 in a row against Danville.

Some questions for everyone.

- How good does Danville compare to the 4, 5 or 6A? Do they hang with Lafayette or Scott? Do they beat Henry Clay?

- Reletative to Anderson and Mercer, how should these three be rated/ranked?

For Boyle:

- Is the door open for Garrard in the district? Maybe even Western Hills?

- How would Boyle do against a 2A LCA? Or Franklin County or Southern Madison?

I would put Danville in the lower half of the top 10 in 4a and 5a if they were in those classes. 6a is a different animal but they would still be a very competitive team in that class.

I've watched Henry Clay and Lafayette so far and I think Danville can hang with them for a half or so but the depth and pure size of their lines would eventually wear out the ADS.

I would say 1. Danville 2. Mercer 3. Anderson out of those 3 schools.

If the Boyle squad stays as is then the door is unlocked for Garrard and possibly even cracked open. The problem for Garrard is that they are all run all day and Boyle has done pretty good stopping the run so far. It's the pass BC can't do much about.

I'd say LCA and BC currently would be a good game to watch but I give the edge to BC. I'm not sure about Somerset as I do not know much about their team. Boyle is probably on par with Madison Southern right now and a little better than Franklin Co. Judging MS and FC record against Lincoln, Garrard and Western Hills.

I will add that if Zack Dampier gets any sort of time I'm confident he could pick apart 90% of the defenses in the State. Danville deserves to be a top 20-25 team in Kentucky regardless of class.

Was told that there was a couple for sale signs up in coach smiths front yard this morning. If true that is rediculous!! Haven't heard anything like that since coach harps first year at Danville when they started off 0-3 back in 1988.