Please educate me about Dinosaurs

What was the explanation about bones and skeletons that have been found?

The explanation that I was given back in my formative years was that God wants us to have faith. So the earth is given an "appearance" by God that makes it look like it is billions of years old and fossils and such, and then we use faith in the Bible to come up with the truth.

This was also the explanation given for why God doesn't do anything anymore...if God went around answering prayers...then no one would have any faith, because God would be capable of being proven to exist.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like you want to be educated about religion, not about dinosaurs.

I don't think the Roman Catholic Church has any explicit teachings on dinosaurs themselves and I can't imagine any reason why they would.

Not about dinosaurs explicitly, but the catholic church has stated that the theory of evolution is not inconsistent with doctrine, teaches evolutionary theory in schools, and generally has a very progressive attitude. (Kudos to the church).

The link below shows the tile medallion at the science building at Notre Dame. The quote on the medallion reads "Nothing in Biology makes sense except in the light of evolution” from Theodosius Dobzhansky (1900-1975).

Galleria // College of Science // University of Notre Dame

This is one where scientific evidence is overwhelming. Dinosaurs existed from approximately 250 million years ago until 65 million years ago. The first evidence of early humans, called hominids, is from about 2.5 to 3 million years ago. Homo sapiens, of which modern humans originated, dates back to 200,000 years. Dinosaurs were around a LONG time before humans made their earthly scene and were gone a LONG time before humans first made their appearance, about 62 million years of time in separation.

Some have such strong beliefs in their religions, and I'm talking about many different religions all around the world, that they totally block out any evidence that goes against their beliefs. Now, I said some, not all.

It sounds like you want to be educated about religion, not about dinosaurs.

I don't think the Roman Catholic Church has any explicit teachings on dinosaurs themselves and I can't imagine any reason why they would.

I prefered the snappy thread title.

===============

I can imagine a reason, because anyone that dismisses Dinosaurs doesn't look very informed on how things came to be on this planet.

I prefered the snappy thread title.

===============

I can imagine a reason, because anyone that dismisses Dinosaurs doesn't look very informed on how things came to be on this planet.

Yep just tell them that dinosaurs are powering our cars right now.

If you remember the baseball player, Carl Everett, he was a Christian that didn't believe in dinosaurs. I think his explanation was that the Bible never made any mention of dinosaurs, and since Adam held dominion over all animals, dinosaurs could never have ruled the earth and therefore never existed. Or something to that effect.

Carl Everett's exact quote......"God created the sun, the stars, the heavens and the earth, and then made Adam and Eve. The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Somebody actually saw Adam and Eve eating apples. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex." :lol2:

Carl Everett's exact quote......"God created the sun, the stars, the heavens and the earth, and then made Adam and Eve. The Bible never says anything about dinosaurs. You can't say there were dinosaurs when you never saw them. Somebody actually saw Adam and Eve eating apples. No one ever saw a Tyrannosaurus Rex." :lol2:

That quote is about as ridiculous as banana man.

Banana argument - RationalWiki

He's clearly never seen Jurassic Park...

G:

Here is a website I had to relook up. Not had time to validate the claims.

One of which is that we do not have lots and lots of full skelatons of all the different beasts. Even full or mostly full skulls. The only thing found have been fragments according to this.

As we have discussed in other threads - much is unknown Young earth, lack of dinosaurs, intelligent design do not have to have to be based on religious scripture. Of the list above I find the complete lack of dinosaurs ever to be to be hardest to research.

But you asked about theories of lack of Dinos...here is an anchor page.

From the Atlantean Conspiracy:

The Atlantean Conspiracy: Dinosaur Hoax - Dinosaurs Never Existed!

A video from the link above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CW2jD3CcYU