Bolus Rankings????

I would like to see how some of the top players in NKY would do if they played on teams that ran their offenses solely through them. I always see these kids in the more southern part of the state and mountain schools putting big scoring #'s every night. That would not happen if they played for Cov Cath or Cooper.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see how some of the top players in NKY would do if they played on teams that ran their offenses solely through them. I always see these kids in the more southern part of the state and mountain schools putting big scoring #'s every night. That would not happen if they played for Cov Cath or Cooper.

Not going to happen in 6th or 7th region very often either. On top of that in the 6th or 7th there is more depth of athletic players who may not be skilled offensively, but they are capable of playing defense if they have a coach putting emphasis on "D". It is a lot easier to score in some regions due to the players you are playing against. Not saying the best defenses are always in metro Louisville, but there are more individual players with a combination of length & quickness that make it more difficult to score against.

I will elaborate some on this.

- after several physical fouls, a pushing match led to a coach getting punched by a player followed by benches clearing and several players fighting, getting body slammed to the floor, and one coach kicking another in the head several times.

- The bleachers then cleared and there were parents pushing and shoving while others worked to get the melee under control.

- the Erlanger PD had finally stepped in and got it under control and two paramedics were on the scene to offer medical assistance

- I felt like I was on Jerry Springer

- One player and one coach had to sit out a game

I thought Wrestlemania was this Sunday?

I will elaborate some on this.

- The camps and rankings are purely a business as Bolus doesn't watch these kids because he is too busy cashing checks.

- An AAU tourney this weekend was $10 per person to get in and hosted at Lloyd High School. The games I saw were in the auxiliary gym and the floor was so old and slippery that the boys were sliding all over the place

- Two refs were running one game that were as old as the floor (easily over 70 years old) and they couldn't keep up

- the refs actually lost control of the game with some poor officiating

- after several physical fouls, a pushing match led to a coach getting punched by a player followed by benches clearing and several players fighting, getting body slammed to the floor, and one coach kicking another in the head several times.

- The bleachers then cleared and there were parents pushing and shoving while others worked to get the melee under control.

- the Erlanger PD had finally stepped in and got it under control and two paramedics were on the scene to offer medical assistance

- I felt like I was on Jerry Springer

- Bolus wasn't anywhere near this when it all occurred

- while they cancelled this game with ten minutes to go, Bolus allowed both teams to stay in the tournament as opposed to refunding their money

- One player and one coach had to sit out a game

- he called it a tournament but there were no brackets and clearly defined winner but rather each time just played 3 games then went home

- teams from Columbus were asking for their money back

- most were embarrassed to be a part of it

Wow. Thanks for the update. That's embarrasing and Bolus sounds like someone out for one thing, himself. Pretty good racket he has going apparently.

The best rankings are the ones that are from those giving the $$$, not taking them. No matter what anyone says, when college coaches are handing out scholarships those rankings are the ones that matter. Those that take $$$ in and produce rankings may tell you coaches pay for their opinions or rankings, but very few hold much weight. Those rankings are more for the kids, parents, and fans. I always warn kids to not chase rankings, I have seen many who get caught up in lieu of just falling in love with the process of getting better.

I'll take the team. Have your rankings all you want but I'll take a team that plays defense like Cooper, CovCath and who share the ball to get the W. Cooper had all 5 of their starters be leading scorers at least twice this year and while they had two notable named players, one of which will go D1, I'm sure they wouldn't trade the experience being state runner-up for a so-called higher ranking. Curious where Bolus had Jake Ohmer "ranked" BEFORE the tournament.

I think what would be optimal for kids who have aspirations of playing D1 basketball is to have a great season, put up good numbers so more D1 recruiters can become interested. Sometimes it's difficult to get the recruiting buzz and not put up numbers, it can be done, but in a state that already is behind talent wise nationally, that is hard to do.

• 2 weeks later...

More proof Bolus not putting forth much effort/research/checking of name spellings in his rankings. The following taken directly from his recent rankings for 2017-18:

11 TYLER FLEEX 6-6 COVINGTON CATHOLIC

Obviously should be Fleek

12 GABE HUGHES 6-1 GREENUP GREENUP CO.

It's Gage.

More proof Bolus not putting forth much effort/research/checking of name spellings in his rankings. The following taken directly from his recent rankings for 2017-18:

11 TYLER FLEEX 6-6 COVINGTON CATHOLIC

Obviously should be Fleek

12 GABE HUGHES 6-1 GREENUP GREENUP CO.

It's Gage.

And Fleek is not 6'6

So the newest rankings are out.

Top 5 listed;

1. Kyke Tandy

2. Zion Harmon

3. David Johnson

4. Michael Moreno

5. Jerome Reed

I haven't seen Tandy or Reed but it's hard to keep Cj Fredrick out of the top 5. Could even see an argument made for Andrew Taylor and Steven Fitzgerald.