Trinity VS MBA "compare them"

How will this match up be:

Trinity Offense vs. MBA Defense

MBA Offense vs. Trinity Defense

MBA Special Teams vs. Trinity Special Teams

I don't know anything about MBA and their team other than they won last week and very little about Trinity but I did go to the last 2 scrimmages.

What do you think?

And what is the record of this rivalry?:cool:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will this match up be:

Trinity Offense vs. MBA Defense

MBA Offense vs. Trinity Defense

MBA Special Teams vs. Trinity Special Teams

I don't know anything about MBA and their team other than they won last week and very little about Trinity but I did go to the last 2 scrimmages.

What do you think?

And what is the record of this rivalry?:cool:

With t at #1 in some polls and #2 in others, the pebbles should slaughter MBA at the landfill by at at least 40 this season. This usually brilliant matchup is a total mismatch in 2006. MBA is way down from their former selves. :cool:

With t at #1 in some polls and #2 in others, the pebbles should slaughter MBA at the landfill by at at least 40 this season. This usually brilliant matchup is a total mismatch in 2006. MBA is way down from their former selves. :cool:

I doubt it'll be that much of a slaughter, but I'd definitely pick Trinity to win this one.

Appreciate the confidence from OX. Paul Dunbar didn't think MBA was too shabby. Having a game under their belts will help MBA, home field helps the Rocks.... crystal ball gets plugged in later this week for a prediction from this old dog.

It seems to me that Dunbar was in a lose, lose situation. Either MBA killed Dunbar and everyone says Dunbar stinks or Dunbar plays MBA close or wins and everyone says MBA is awful. MBA isn't that bad and if anyone thinks MBA will get blown out people better think again. I would give Trinity the edge but Dunbar is a smash mouth offense who eats up clock. Trinity is the polar opposite with a spread attack throwing the ball all over the field. MBA will be a lot better at covering the pass then stopping the run is my guess.

The series record is 2-1 MBA as far as I know. They have beaten the Rocks last 2 state championship teams. Year in and year out this is one of Tennessee's best and they play in the toughest division. They have 110 years of football tradition, great school pride, a Notre Dame like campus and tremendous alumni support. Having a game under their belts is another definite edge to the Big Red. They can never be overlooked.

That being said, I am optimistic about the Rocks chances, I see a close 1st half but Petrino and the offense should improve as the game goes on.

Trinity 21-7.

Boy...someone drank the kool-aid (just kidding)

MBA might be down from their usual selves...but just remember Trinity fans....The Rocks were supposed to be down last year too and looked at what happened. I believe that Trinity will win but MBA has too much pride and tradition to lay down and not make it a game.

Trinity pulls away in the 2nd half and wins 28-14

Here is an MBA fan's (rollredroll) view of his team after the Paul Dunbar game:

"Lastly, regarding injuries, MBA’s heir apparent at tailback is out for the season (link). MBA’s runningback-by-committee last night racked up 137 yards and 2 TDs – that’s 40 more yards and 12 points more than that committee did the entire last season. The “skill” WRs for MBA? The boys that caught balls last night for 140 receiving yards and no TDs only contributed 356 yards and 1 TD all of last year. It’s a young, green team, and there are no legitimate DI A prospects in this MBA senior class, and likely few, if any, in the underclassman ranks. Trust me when I say this is not a very athletic team (as a previous poster mentioned). Based on the MBA radio broadcast, I don’t think this was by any means a “wow” performance by the Big Red, but if the shoe fits…

MBA will have to play better next week, particularly on the offensive line, which, to PLD’s credit, was exploited severely. If MBA doesn’t improve drastically, it could be a 35-7 repeat (or worse) from the 2004 game with Trinity."

As he himself notes, MBA is not a very athletic team this year and could see "a 35-7 repeat (or worse) from the 2004 game." Based on these comments, I don't think a 40-point spread is far out of line. :cool: