Open Job: St. Patrick

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any truth to the rumor that Sumoroyal has been working on a cybermetric player development system for years, and has decided to finally come off the scorer's table to see if his theories will really work? Great opportunity for St. Pat to be part of cutting edge coaching strategies.

That name sounds vaguely familiar..... Remind me who that is.

Tony...was an assistant Coach. I think he Coached Freshmen. He played at Maysville High School and at Ohio Christian. But I don't think he has any experience beyond that.

Here's a little info from Danny Weddle's "Courtside".

Courtside with Danny Weddle: Tony Moore Inducted Into Ohio Christian University Athletic Hall of Fame

Tony...was an assistant Coach. I think he Coached Freshmen. He played at Maysville High School and at Ohio Christian. But I don't think he has any experience beyond that.

Here's a little info from Danny Weddle's "Courtside".

Courtside with Danny Weddle: Tony Moore Inducted Into Ohio Christian University Athletic Hall of Fame

That's what it was!! He was a Bulldog!

This could be an interesting hire.

Seems like St. Patrick has been a gold mine for coaches to move on to bigger/better jobs per se....

Jason Hinson - Augusta/Bracken successes

Tim Sullivan - Cooper 9th region Success....

Taylor - Fleming Co - 16th Region success and state tourney appearances....

Not sure what happened to Andy Arn

Dont know much about Taylor's previous staff with the exception of Hall of Famer Aaron Rigdon was there helping last season... Heard he has a son that is exceptional at the game, and hiring him "could" solidify strategically basketball success in the future

This could be an interesting hire.

Seems like St. Patrick has been a gold mine for coaches to move on to bigger/better jobs per se....

Jason Hinson - Augusta/Bracken successes

Tim Sullivan - Cooper 9th region Success....

Taylor - Fleming Co - 16th Region success and state tourney appearances....

Not sure what happened to Andy Arn

Dont know much about Taylor's previous staff with the exception of Hall of Famer Aaron Rigdon was there helping last season... Heard he has a son that is exceptional at the game, and hiring him "could" solidify strategically basketball success in the future

My vote would be to go for the alum, but they may look outside or hire a teacher for the school. I believe Matt taught at Saint Pat and they may want someone to be in the school building as well. The three you listed have potential to go onto great things are their new schools.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Sumoroyal has been working on a cybermetric player development system for years, and has decided to finally come off the scorer's table to see if his theories will really work? Great opportunity for St. Pat to be part of cutting edge coaching strategies.

No Way, I have nothing green. Maybe they are looking for an "OlderCoach".

No Way, I have nothing green. Maybe they are looking for an "OlderCoach".

No cutting edge here. Strictly old school...no behind back or bounce passes, no dunking, strictly underhand free-throws, set shots instead of jump shots, lots of D with scores kept in teens. Wonder how that interview would go?

No cutting edge here. Strictly old school...no behind back or bounce passes, no dunking, strictly underhand free-throws, set shots instead of jump shots, lots of D with scores kept in teens. Wonder how that interview would go?

4 passes before you take a shot.

In all seriousness, back to the subject of the thread. Really appreciated what St. Pat has been able to accomplish athletically at such a small diocesean school. Matt Taylor and his staff did an exceptional job. He will be hard to replace. Real question to me.....is the ideal candidate a young coach looking at a stepping stone opportunity, or an older (perhaps public school retiree) experienced coach there only for the love of kids and the game with perhaps another 10 years of energy to give. Have no candidates in mind, but the fact is the younger coaches quickly have to move on for retirement planning, if nothing else. A diocesean coaching career is a tough longterm financial journey.