Ryle's Tanner Morgan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, at each regional combine kids (all positions) are awarded a golden ticket (invite to finals) Then there are still spots left open in the finals on kids that will get further evaluated. So I think he still has a shot the finals even though he didn't get a golden ticket.

From what I understand, at each regional combine kids (all positions) are awarded a golden ticket (invite to finals) Then there are still spots left open in the finals on kids that will get further evaluated. So I think he still has a shot the finals even though he didn't get a golden ticket.

My questions is simply this: If he was the #1 QB in the camp, what other QB did they give the "Golden Ticket" too? Sounds to me like Dilfer and crew are cooking up some political picks for the Elite 11. I thought you took the best, and apparently he was exactly that at the camp? Someone enlighten me please.

My questions is simply this: If he was the #1 QB in the camp, what other QB did they give the "Golden Ticket" too? Sounds to me like Dilfer and crew are cooking up some political picks for the Elite 11. I thought you took the best, and apparently he was exactly that at the camp? Someone enlighten me please.

Per the Elite 11 Twitter Sean Clifford the QB from St X Ohio won the golden ticket. He came in second overall behind Tanner and is a Pen Sate commit.

They are not using the same criteria for the camp as they are for the E11.

They are not using the same criteria for the camp as they are for the E11.

I would like to know what that is because from an outside observer it looks like the only difference in criteria is which school you are committed to.

I would like to know what that is because from an outside observer it looks like the only difference in criteria is which school you are committed to.

My guess is the camp is based on points gained in various skills/throws. E11 is much more subjective which makes sense to me. QB is more than what a points-based competition entails.

Note: I have no clue as to who should have earned the invite. I will trust Dilfer and his staff.

E11 has become much more political this year. UK commit Mac Jones didn't even make the final group at the event he attended in Florida. He won a rivals competition and was suddenly worthy. You have to have Power 5 offers to be considered worthy.

Also of note, Elite 11 had Clifford and some other highly ranked guys in that morning for a private workout. No one outside that group received a golden ticket. So I think we can give up on the notion that the Elite 11 is objective.

E11 has become much more political this year. UK commit Mac Jones didn't even make the final group at the event he attended in Florida. He won a rivals competition and was suddenly worthy. You have to have Power 5 offers to be considered worthy. Also of note' date=' Elite 11 had Clifford and some other highly ranked guys in that morning for a private workout. No one outside that group received a golden ticket. So I think we can give up on the notion that the Elite 11 is objective.[/quote']

I think the E11 track record of QB's going to the league puts your political conspiracy out to the trash. They have their own criteria and really don't care where a guy is ranked with other services. Your post comes off as sour grapes.

You can say what you want, but pulling kids in early for private workouts and only inviting kids from that group stinks. Why have a camp if you aren't going to pick the top performing guys at the camp? The same thing goes with all the other positions, not just QB's.

You can say what you want, but pulling kids in early for private workouts and only inviting kids from that group stinks. Why have a camp if you aren't going to pick the top performing guys at the camp? The same thing goes with all the other positions, not just QB's.

You realize that the camp is not the end-all-be-all, correct? E11 has seen tape prior to these camps. Yes, people can surprise them but they have a good idea of who the top candidates are.

The positive out of all of this is that Tanner Morgan was the top dog in a big camp. Kid can sling it.

I agree, kid can definitely play, I don't think he feels like he has anything to prove to anyone. He probably just wants to enjoy his senior season. He's got his college commitment set already so go have fun and compete.