Ryle's Tanner Morgan

Coach matters. My guess is this coach connected the best with him.

You do see a recurring pattern of kids going relatively far away to go to school. Then they realize its too far for their parents and support system to get to their games , and they end up transferring closer to home.

In addition, choosing a school because of a coach often can backfire , as those positions are pretty transient, especially in the MAC which is essentially a stepping stone conference.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's funny that he's supposed to go to the "closer" school just because it's closer. Maybe, he wants to get away and enjoy some freedom. I'm actually glad to hear he chose a school that isn't local. He should fit well at WMU and have a solid career.

Tanner had prioritized his choices First Acedemically (quality school), second Coaching, thirdly being the opportunity to play/compete. At least this is what his father told me. Didn't expect anything out of any of the schools except these three items. WMU fits all three. Top 100 Nationally school, coaches are quality and young. Third is the opportunity to compete. Tanner is the highest ranked 2017 commit on the team. 2nd, 2017 QB to commit. So he will have an opportunity to compete. Believe it or not, WMU currently leads the country in 2017 commits. So it appears they are getting what they want early. Kalamazoo is only 5 hours away. That's not too far.

Congratulations to Tanner!

I will never knock the choice of a player who gets a D1 scholarship. We all have seen highly touted (by N. Ky. football fans) prospects in N. Ky. not get the offer we expect. Tanner is going to a D1 school that he likes and they obviously like him. Now he can focus and enjoy his senior season. Best wishes to him this season and in the future.

• 4 weeks later...