Health Insurance Premiums up 28%.

jericho

Once again, not one politician will ever address the real problem because it would cut their own throats to buck against the largest lobbies in the history of the world.

Dang. This post makes too much sense. We ask our politicians to represent us and in the meanwhile they point fingers and make us choose sides when in reality it is all a smoke screen to hide the bigger issue.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone from having decent coverage to basically having major medical. While my share of the premium hasn't gone up drastically by co-pays have and I now have a deductible that I have to meet before any coverage kicks in and after that I'm still responsible for 20% of allowable charges.

But we've added how many to the insurance rolls that are paying little or nothing out of pocket.

Only the blindest, most non-objective person could say ObamaCare has been anything but a fiasco.

But hey, birth control pills are free. :rolleyes:

I am all for free birth control. If it keeps one young woman, not yet ready to support a child from having one, those "free" pills will save taxpayers many thousands of money in welfare. I look at it as a wise investment.

All the while the big evil corporations of Anthem , Express scripts , Medco , and laughing all the way to the bank . Look at the profits of the PDM's Pharmacy Data Manager ( basically a middle man) and you will see the money is going . I think I saw a stat where Express Rx profit went from 890 million in the mid 200'0's to 12.8 billion in 2014 . The insurance companies that wrote the bill raped us . And BHO was the front man for them. But I thought Dem's were for protecting the working class ? ha ha

Because it was my younger child's dog and it was really just a freak accident that she was bitten, plus the younger one has no money being a college student. Guess who did get to help pay for it though.:grumpy:

You just gave me Another reason.....

The odd thing is, the poorest are still going to the ER for their treatment then leaving without having to pay as they have been doing all along. My sister works as an ER nurse and sees it every day.

This system is not going to be able to self sustain because what use is it to pay premiums of $500 to over $1000 per month for family coverage and then still be subjected to out of pocket costs of $2000 to $7000 before the insurance end actually kicks in? We, who actually pay for our insurance, are all paying for catastrophic care policies disguised as health insurance policies. This because we are forced to carry the non payers on our backs.

I find it amusing when I hear younger, healthy Obama voters whining about having to buy insurance or face fines. They are surprised how much they have to pay even though they are healthy and young. What they failed to realize was that it is they who have to pay more in order for others to pay less, or even nothing, and that they voted for it.

A vote for Hillary is a vote for illegal immigrants to get free health care who sneak over and have a baby so they can be free loaders off the working middle class.

You do realize that even if Trump would become POTUS and repeal Obamacare illegal immigrants will still be here and still be receiving free healthcare, right?

It's obvious that this is not sustainable. I'm not sure where/when the tipping point is. But eventually the government will move to a single payer system (basically medicaid for everyone).

Then the big downhill slide in the quality of medical care will begin. The government will cap what doctors and medical providers can be paid and quality providers will start moving to different professions.

If you want to see how well the government manages a national health network, take a look at the VA.

You do realize that even if Trump would become POTUS and repeal Obamacare illegal immigrants will still be here and still be receiving free healthcare, right?

That could be stopped pretty quickly if he signs an Executive order to Treat, Detain and Deport any illegal caught stealing services to which they are not entitled.

"According to the report, while premiums increased by 28 percent from 2009 to 2014, wages increased by only 7.8 percent. From 2004 to 2009 when premiums increased by 30 percent, wages increased by only 12.2 percent."

From 2004-2009 premiums increased by 30%.

Since 2009 premiums have increased by 28%.

I get that they are connecting these increases to wage stagnation since the Great Recession, but otherwise they are contorting themselves into the position that since universal coverage was mandated and insurance companies had to cover a minimum level of benefits (including preventive care) and could no-longer deny pre-existing conditions (which was always going to be a short-term hit) that premiums have increased at a rate below the previous five-year average increase (during the "good old days").

There's a lot to criticize in the PPACA and in the American system more broadly, but this one leaves me scratching my head.