Calipari's unique program!

THE SHERIFF

If UNC wins the title this year, I can't wait for all the articles and people who say: "That's the way you should do it Cal. Win it with 3 and 4 year players."

:popcorn:

And kids that don't have to go to class lol

It'll be really interesting if they win the title, Roy Williams retires, and then the NCAA hammers them for their scandal. UNC played the game well and kept postponing everything so they didn't have to deal with sanction in a year when they could win it all.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to Cal and the coaching staff for a job well done! Many questions surrounding this team early in the season. Some even questioned whether this team could make the NCAA tourney. They have worked with each player and are improving each game! Nice job Cal!

Good, go root for another team. Fans like this don't deserve to enjoy what we have right now.

:thumb:

As Kentucky fans we have been spoiled by Calipari. What he has built is amazing especially when you factor in the mess Billy G left for him to clean up. I mean 5/6 Elite 8's, 4 out of last 5 Final Fours. Duke has been bounced in the first round of the tourney twice since then. Although I also know they have two titles, at the end of the day Kentucky is always in the hunt.

Like others have said, Cal is the perfect coach for UK. He really gets what it is all about to coach at UK.

Another BANNER season for UK hoops and Cal.....he needs another huge raise!!!

This season was a challenge from day one. Doesn't change the way I feel about Cal one bit. Great recruits coming next season to go with some returning talent. This tournament is so tough to win and anybody that can't see that is oblivious to reality!

Calipari posted this on Facebook.

Met with our team today. Told them that during the season it’s about the team and sacrificing for each other – which they did this year. When the season’s over, it’s about each individual player and what’s right for them and their families. With that being said, every player who is eligible for the draft, including our walk-ons, will submit their names to the NBA Draft in hopes of being invited to the combine in May. The new rule states they can submit their name a total of three times. If they choose to withdraw, they have until 10 days after the combine. It’s a true win-win for the student-athlete.

Calipari posted this on Facebook.

Met with our team today. Told them that during the season it’s about the team and sacrificing for each other – which they did this year. When the season’s over, it’s about each individual player and what’s right for them and their families. With that being said, every player who is eligible for the draft, including our walk-ons, will submit their names to the NBA Draft in hopes of being invited to the combine in May. The new rule states they can submit their name a total of three times. If they choose to withdraw, they have until 10 days after the combine. It’s a true win-win for the student-athlete.

This should have been done long ago. We can thank Cal for help getting this done.

Great post @futurecoach. I am a huge Tom Izzo fan. I've heard from numerous people that he's just as great of a person off the court as he is a coach. Have a ton of respect for him. But with saying all that, I still get a chuckle when people act like he's some tournament wizard. Don't get me wrong, he does a great job, but he hasn't been as good as Cal has in the last ten years.

I had to look because I agree about Izzo being a heckuva coach. He's won one national title, 1 national runner-up, 7 final fours, 7 big ten titles, and is a 4 time National Coach of the Year! Has been HC at MSU since 1995.

And it will be a sad day in dogpatch if and when Cal leaves UK...Cal and UK Hoops are like PB&J with a nice glass of vitamin d milk!!! :) Go Cats...

Great post @futurecoach. I am a huge Tom Izzo fan. I've heard from numerous people that he's just as great of a person off the court as he is a coach. Have a ton of respect for him. But with saying all that, I still get a chuckle when people act like he's some tournament wizard. Don't get me wrong, he does a great job, but he hasn't been as good as Cal has in the last ten years.

I had to look because I agree about Izzo being a heckuva coach. He's won one national title, 1 national runner-up, 7 final fours, 7 big ten titles, and is a 4 time National Coach of the Year! Has been HC at MSU since 1995.

Let's look at 2006 - 2016, which is actually 11 years, but just go with it:

Tom Izzo:

0 - National Championships

1 - Played in the National Championship

3 - Final Fours

5 - Elite Eights

2 - Years without wins in the tournament (2016 lost in the 1st round to Middle Tennessee State & 2006 lost in the 1st round to George Mason)

John Calipari (between his time at Kentucky & Memphis):

1 - National Championship

3 - Played in the National Championship

5 - Final Fours

8 - Elite Eights

1 - Year with 0 wins in the tournament (Didn't make it in 2013)

Pretty easy for me to see whose had the best stretch during that time frame.

I remember Cal having very good talent at Memphis but not on the level he has at UK. So did he just roll the ball out there for those guys too? :idunno:

I do know that at UMass the biggest stars he had were Camby and Roe. The rest were good but not great players. Guess he just lucked into rolling the ball out to the right ones there as well. :facepalm:

Let's look at 2006 - 2016, which is actually 11 years, but just go with it:

Tom Izzo:

0 - National Championships

1 - Played in the National Championship

3 - Final Fours

5 - Elite Eights

2 - Years without wins in the tournament (2016 lost in the 1st round to Middle Tennessee State & 2006 lost in the 1st round to George Mason)

John Calipari (between his time at Kentucky & Memphis):

1 - National Championship

3 - Played in the National Championship

5 - Final Fours

8 - Elite Eights

1 - Year with 0 wins in the tournament (Didn't make it in 2013)

Pretty easy for me to see whose had the best stretch during that time frame.

OK.....will do! :lol2: