Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calipari's unique program!

Featured Replies

As I stated in another thread I believe Calipari has devised a program that is unique to college basketball. Many of his players are one and dones, some are not. This is a challenge for Cal at times as we saw in 2014-15 with the platoon system. Bringing in a new set of top freshman to mesh with remaining sophomores and juniors each year is a constant work in progress. This frustrates some UK fans. For me Cal has been the perfect fit at Kentucky. I love the dynamics of the current program. Former players all support Cal and the university. Current and former players seem to get along unbelievably well, and most years UK is ready to make a run in the tournament. What are your thoughts on the state of the program?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just know it will be a sad day when he leaves...he is PERFECT for this job. As perfect for a job as any coach has ever been.

I just know it will be a sad day when he leaves...he is PERFECT for this job. As perfect for a job as any coach has ever been.

 

I couldn't agree more. Cal is the perfect fit for UK in this environment of college basketball. I do not think he is the greatest coach of all time. I do not think he is the best UK coach of all time. But at this point with college basketball's situation there is no one I would rather have.

I am going to be very bummed when he decides to leave, but thankful for what he's done for our program. Some of my favorite times are watching the Cats with my friends, fiance, and or family.

 

I'm sure many of us would like to have at least 1-2 more titles, but at the end of the day, I just want a fun team to watch and a team that is in the conversation every single year. That's pretty much exactly what we have with Calipari. Sure has been a fun ride and I hope it continues for as long as possible.

  • Author

For me I don't need to win every game. But I do expect them to be competitive come tournament time.

Been there 6 yrs and has one title!!! No longer a college bb team.......now a developmental league for NBA.......sick of it!!

Been there 6 yrs and has one title!!! No longer a college bb team.......now a developmental league for NBA.......sick of it!!

 

Good, go root for another team. Fans like this don't deserve to enjoy what we have right now.

Been there 6 yrs and has one title!!! No longer a college bb team.......now a developmental league for NBA.......sick of it!!
And they had 0 titles and 0 Final 4 appearances the previous 12 years before his arrival.
And they had 0 titles and 0 Final 4 appearances the previous 12 years before his arrival.

 

I give you thanks and a thumbs up for this!

Been there 6 yrs and has one title!!! No longer a college bb team.......now a developmental league for NBA.......sick of it!!

 

I remember what it was like when UK was not in the conversation for a Final Four, let alone a title. Dark days.

  • Author
Been there 6 yrs and has one title!!! No longer a college bb team.......now a developmental league for NBA.......sick of it!!

 

Just out of curiosity what is it that you're sick of. The player turnover?

Good, go root for another team. Fans like this don't deserve to enjoy what we have right now.

 

This fan deserves more than just taking McDonald's All Americans every year and not hanging banners.....taking all the fun away from traditional UK basketball

Go root for another team then. There's plenty of Kentucky fans to make up for you leaving.

This fan deserves more than just taking McDonald's All Americans every year and not hanging banners.....taking all the fun away from traditional UK basketball

 

Define traditional UK basketball? I thought the tradition of Kentucky basketball was winning? That's what he's been doing.

 

Calipari coming to Kentucky is the most exciting times of Kentucky basketball over a 7 year period than any other time in the past 30 years (I'd imagine further, but I can't say if I wasn't alive).

This fan deserves more than just taking McDonald's All Americans every year and not hanging banners.....taking all the fun away from traditional UK basketball

What is "traditional" UK basketball?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.