Calipari's unique program!

THE SHERIFF

As I stated in another thread I believe Calipari has devised a program that is unique to college basketball. Many of his players are one and dones, some are not. This is a challenge for Cal at times as we saw in 2014-15 with the platoon system. Bringing in a new set of top freshman to mesh with remaining sophomores and juniors each year is a constant work in progress. This frustrates some UK fans. For me Cal has been the perfect fit at Kentucky. I love the dynamics of the current program. Former players all support Cal and the university. Current and former players seem to get along unbelievably well, and most years UK is ready to make a run in the tournament. What are your thoughts on the state of the program?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just know it will be a sad day when he leaves...he is PERFECT for this job. As perfect for a job as any coach has ever been.

I couldn't agree more. Cal is the perfect fit for UK in this environment of college basketball. I do not think he is the greatest coach of all time. I do not think he is the best UK coach of all time. But at this point with college basketball's situation there is no one I would rather have.

I am going to be very bummed when he decides to leave, but thankful for what he's done for our program. Some of my favorite times are watching the Cats with my friends, fiance, and or family.

I'm sure many of us would like to have at least 1-2 more titles, but at the end of the day, I just want a fun team to watch and a team that is in the conversation every single year. That's pretty much exactly what we have with Calipari. Sure has been a fun ride and I hope it continues for as long as possible.

Been there 6 yrs and has one title!!! No longer a college bb team.......now a developmental league for NBA.......sick of it!!
And they had 0 titles and 0 Final 4 appearances the previous 12 years before his arrival.

Been there 6 yrs and has one title!!! No longer a college bb team.......now a developmental league for NBA.......sick of it!!

I remember what it was like when UK was not in the conversation for a Final Four, let alone a title. Dark days.

Good, go root for another team. Fans like this don't deserve to enjoy what we have right now.

This fan deserves more than just taking McDonald's All Americans every year and not hanging banners.....taking all the fun away from traditional UK basketball

This fan deserves more than just taking McDonald's All Americans every year and not hanging banners.....taking all the fun away from traditional UK basketball

Define traditional UK basketball? I thought the tradition of Kentucky basketball was winning? That's what he's been doing.

Calipari coming to Kentucky is the most exciting times of Kentucky basketball over a 7 year period than any other time in the past 30 years (I'd imagine further, but I can't say if I wasn't alive).