Top 10 Kentucky teams

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

false

I'm not aware of him being injured or anything, and can't say for sure that he isn't, but if he isn't what is "false" about him being a top 10 player in the 9th?

He had a breakout season last year showing very nice dynamic skills in numerous areas of his game, and is a really decent talented player who brings to the floor a ton of excitement.

For the sake of making more clear what "false" means, would you consider elaborating?

Looking at this list of teams, I think the 12th has 3 teams that could be in this conversation as the year progresses.

Mercer was 4-0 against these teams this summer, including 2-0 against Bullitt East. They beat Lafayette and Henry Clay in route to the KBA summer state title. Yet their quarterfinal game against 12th region rival Southwest went down to the wire.

Then there's Wayne, who by most accounts is the #2 team in the 12th. I say this to point out that Mercer showed this summer that they belong in the top 10, maybe top 5 - and that was prior to receiving transfer Dylan James. And both Wayne and Southwest are right there with them in the hunt for the title in the 12th. Much like last year, the 12th will be very, very strong this year.

Really looking forward to watching them and Casey County battle it out on December 10th. Casey should match up with Mercer about as well as any team in the 12th. Has the makings to be a nice early season game.

Like Trinity, Cov Cath will always be good. It's just what they do. However, given their roster, I don't think a top 5 ranking is warranted. IMO, top 10 is a stretch, at least to start the season.

No issue with that thinking. I can't speak to their relative measure against the state but I get the part about "to start the season." Fair.

One poster came up with a top ten list.

Every else critiques that list.

How about rather than breaking down the first list - offer your own.

I would if I knew anything about teams outside of N Ky - but I don't. My list would start and end with CovCath- they will be good and everyone else in N Ky will be trying to play spoiler.

This honestly might be unwarranted hype/overrating, but after seeing Owen County play in the summer and early fall, I think they should be top 10, at the very least top 15. Seeing their team play really silences everyone who thought that this team is just Carson Williams. He is obviously the main reason they are the favorite in the 8th, but they would still be an 8th region contender without him.

This honestly might be unwarranted hype/overrating, but after seeing Owen County play in the summer and early fall, I think they should be top 10, at the very least top 15. Seeing their team play really silences everyone who thought that this team is just Carson Williams. He is obviously the main reason they are the favorite in the 8th, but they would still be an 8th region contender without him.

I wouldn't have Owen in the Top 10, but Top 15 isn't a stretch at all IMO.

At the risk of catching the wrath of all of northern Kentucky, is Cov Cath going to be good this year? Outside of Cole VH, I don't know anything about them.

CC will be good but not top five in state good. I still think Cooper wins the 9th and Sean McNeil becomes the top player in the 9th. Don't base your opinion of this Cooper team on their first meeting with Cov Cath in December. Hendrix will just be getting out of football and will need at least a month to get into a rhythm. Cant wait to see them play in March.