Top 10 Kentucky teams

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are four 7th region teams that can hang with Taylor County and not talking about Louisville Eastern! Central is bigger and just as athletic. Ballard will be Ballard- again. Trinity will get in your pants this year of defense...and Waggener will pound you on the glass. After hearing that Jonathon Lane may not be academically eligible for Eastern- I now take them off the list.

Looking at this list of teams, I think the 12th has 3 teams that could be in this conversation as the year progresses.

Mercer was 4-0 against these teams this summer, including 2-0 against Bullitt East. They beat Lafayette and Henry Clay in route to the KBA summer state title. Yet their quarterfinal game against 12th region rival Southwest went down to the wire.

Then there's Wayne, who by most accounts is the #2 team in the 12th. I say this to point out that Mercer showed this summer that they belong in the top 10, maybe top 5 - and that was prior to receiving transfer Dylan James. And both Wayne and Southwest are right there with them in the hunt for the title in the 12th. Much like last year, the 12th will be very, very strong this year.

At the risk of catching the wrath of all of northern Kentucky, is Cov Cath going to be good this year? Outside of Cole VH, I don't know anything about them.

They can win the 9th again. Probably the early favorite.

As someone else mentioned Andy Flood will have a strong year. 6'3ish wing player who can shoot and got more aggressive going to the rim last year.

Look for 6'4ish soph CJ Fredrick to get a lot of run. Really nice game. Can shoot.

They have options on what type of lineup they want to put out there.

6'5 SR Heppler and 6'6 JR Ziegelmeyer (assuming he's healthy) allows them to go big.

They can also move 6'3 SOPH AJ Mayer to the 5 and go with a fast, athletic lineup.

They can go 8 to 10 deep with players giving good minutes off of the bench. Massie is a tough defender as Wilmington OH saw last year. May see a frosh Jack Davin get some minutes at the varsity level before the year is out.

It will be a team you have to worry about and can make noise in the state.

GREAT schedule.