Top 10 Northern Ky Volleyball teams

CCvbc

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaves NDA and goes to HC. Shouldn't she sit out a year? Clear it up for me cvb.

BZ - the "sit" rule only applies to kids that have played varsity sports at their original school. That is not the case here. This girl was a JV player.

BZ - the "sit" rule only applies to kids that have played varsity sports at their original school. That is not the case here. This girl was a JV player.

Thanks for clarifying for me but I still don't like it but I bet that doesn't surprise anyone..:D

Whats the status of that proposal before the KHSAA and feeder schools and transfering? Are they ever going to get some of these issues resolved?. If you are in high school at one school and you transfer to another school you should be required to sit for a year. IMO You shouldn't be able to transfer because you maybe didn't see enough playing time at one school so you move to another and you get to play immediately. Sorry folks but that just ain't right..

As long as she did not play in any varsity matches, she is allowed to transfer and play. If she was JV only, she should be eligible. If she played even one minute of a varsity match, then I think she would have to sit out a year. That is my understanding of the rule.

As long as she did not play in any varsity matches, she is allowed to transfer and play. If she was JV only, she should be eligible. If she played even one minute of a varsity match, then I think she would have to sit out a year. That is my understanding of the rule.

CVB....you are correct in your ruling.

BIGZIG, what's the big deal here? Why do you think it's not right? You have a very talented girl in a school of very talented athletes and only so many can make the team. So you have a girl that loves the sport and wants to play. She's never stepped on a varsity court to play and from what I hear Holy Cross has placed her on the JV team and she will have to earn her stripes for Varsity. So NO, she is not going to just waltz onto a team and start playing. I will say that she will probably be one of HC most talented players on the team. Kudos to Holy Cross for being the Christians that they are and welcoming her with open arms. I'm sure this was a difficult move for her. :confused:

BIGZIG, what's the big deal here? Why do you think it's not right? You have a very talented girl in a school of very talented athletes and only so many can make the team. So you have a girl that loves the sport and wants to play. She's never stepped on a varsity court to play and from what I hear Holy Cross has placed her on the JV team and she will have to earn her stripes for Varsity. So NO, she is not going to just waltz onto a team and start playing. I will say that she will probably be one of HC most talented players on the team. Kudos to Holy Cross for being the Christians that they are and welcoming her with open arms. I'm sure this was a difficult move for her. :confused:

I know the family very well, and it was quite difficult. Also, she got CUT at NDA so there is no issue of recruiting and stealing a player from another school. You said it best when you said she is a talented player, but at a school with extremely talented players around her, including some that are younger than her (sophomores). I hated to see this happen to Jessica, but she will have a great two years at Holy Cross and will have experienced a life lesson. Also, NDA had to sign a release and they were more than willing to give her the opportunity to play somewhere else. They hated to see her go because she is a great kid, but understand her position.

I wish Jessica all the luck in the world. Tough situation for a 16 year old who just got finished with a great club season to have this happen.:confused: :confused:

IMO the high school decision needs to be made while in middle school regardless of whether she did or didn't play a varsity minute. If she/he attended School A and transfers to School B while in high school and it is not because of a change of address then IMO I think he/she should have . I for one hope it gets approval. I believe the membership has already passed it on.

And kudos to Holy Cross:creepy: :laugh: for doing the Christian thing. Give me a break. Has to be one of the silliest comments I've read in some time.

IMO the high school decision needs to be made while in middle school regardless of whether she did or didn't play a varsity minute. If she/he attended School A and transfers to School B while in high school and it is not because of a change of address then IMO I think he/she should have . I for one hope it gets approval. I believe the membership has already passed it on.

And kudos to Holy Cross:creepy: :laugh: for doing the Christian thing. Give me a break. Has to be one of the silliest comments I've read in some time.

All due respect Zig, sometimes kids don't know that a school is not the right fit for them until they get in it. I know a few kids who entered a high school only to find there were social, academic, financial, and/or possibly even athletic issues that they could not have foreseen in junior high. Should those kids be forced to finish the rest of their high school years in a school that isnt right for them? I don't think so. Nor should they be penalized for it if done early in the high school years. The kids I know who changed schools had much better high school experiences because of it.

I see no problem with a student changing schools in such situations. I don't know why this young lady chose to change, but it seems she has done so in the proper guidelines. To say that these decision should be made in junior high and set in stone sounds a bit harsh.