Top 10 Northern Ky Volleyball teams

CCvbc

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand how any normal human being can take joy in another person's pain.

:confused: A persons pain??:rolleyes: Come on DP3 we are just talking about Volleyball here. Don't make this anymore then it is..A game..:rolleyes:

Zig, be honest. Lets say that Ludlow came out with an outstanding team this year ( from what I have heard about your coach, this is a real possibility).

Ludlow beats teams left and right, and crushes Beechwood into the ground.

Then playoff time comes and Ludlow draws Notre Dame. Notre Dame beats you and Beechwood advances by beating Cov Latin.

You would be the first one to stand up for your girls and object, and rightfully so.

Admit it, you enjoyed last year, not because you honestly thought your girls deserved to advance, but because you enjoyed seeing Beechwood getting the shaft.

Sorry my friend you disappoint me on this one. Had the shoe been on the other foot as you suggest I would hope that our team and fans would accept the situation as it is and realize that we are in a district that uses the Blind Draw and unfortunately that is one of the pitfalls with that system. Hopefully not the constant complaining that I hear coming not so much from your girls as I do from a coach. I am just glad that we have a coach in Ludlow who isn't out belittling other schools programs as has been done and trying to get the KHSAA to change everything to her liking. She accepts things as they are and she concentrates on what is important and that is teaching and educating girls not only in Volleyball but in the classroom. I don't want to see Beechwood get the shaft at all just don't want to hear this debate year in year out.

Heres a novel idea, get better then NDA and you won't have to worry about seeding or blind draw. Anyway I'm not a proponent of runnerups continuing on to regional play in any sport. Be it Ludlow, Beechwood or anyother team. You really shouldn't be given a second chance come tournament time IMO..

:laugh: There is enough coming out of yours that I don't have to give you anymore words. You already have all the answers. :ylsuper:

:rolleyes: Good comeback :laugh:

Is that all you can say?

"Hopefully not the constant complaining that I hear coming not so much from your girls as I do from a coach. I am just glad that we have a coach in Ludlow who isn't out belittling other schools programs as has been done and trying to get the KHSAA to change everything to her liking."

Ludlow has a great program and no one is out to belittle other programs...just the system at

which post season is arrived at....

Beat the best and advance...simple as that....

"Heres a novel idea, get better then NDA and you won't have to worry about seeding or blind draw"

As for getting better than NDA..it is not like Beechwood is not trying...

Maybe Cov. Latin and Ludlow need to do the same????

Sorry my friend you disappoint me on this one. Had the shoe been on the other foot as you suggest I would hope that our team and fans would accept the situation as it is and realize that we are in a district that uses the Blind Draw and unfortunately that is one of the pitfalls with that system. Hopefully not the constant complaining that I hear coming not so much from your girls as I do from a coach. I am just glad that we have a coach in Ludlow who isn't out belittling other schools programs as has been done and trying to get the KHSAA to change everything to her liking. She accepts things as they are and she concentrates on what is important and that is teaching and educating girls not only in Volleyball but in the classroom. I don't want to see Beechwood get the shaft at all just don't want to hear this debate year in year out.

Heres a novel idea, get better then NDA and you won't have to worry about seeding or blind draw. Anyway I'm not a proponent of runnerups continuing on to regional play in any sport. Be it Ludlow, Beechwood or anyother team. You really shouldn't be given a second chance come tournament time IMO..

Are you belittling Bwood's program here???

a little hypocritical maybe??

:confused: A persons pain??:rolleyes: Come on DP3 we are just talking about Volleyball here. Don't make this anymore then it is..A game..:rolleyes:

A game that 10-12 girls dedicate endless amounts of hard work , energy, blood sweat, tears, time and money to win and have some sort of closure on their high school career....:rolleyes: No big deal though, huh?

Special memo from KHSAA...2005-06

There are alot of people discouraged by district seeding...hence, this memo....

Giving each district power to choose is ridiculous...

Kentucky High School Athletic

KHSAA

VOLLEYBALL

DISTRICT SEEDING

Per KHSAA Tournament Rules, seeding of volleyball teams within a district must be accomplished in the following way:

1). By virtue of KHSAA Board of Control action, districts with only three teams in the district will follow an automatic seeding procedure beginning with the 2005-06 season.

It is a complete joke that there are districts with three teams. Completely unfair to rest of the state.

Ok, getting back to the top ten teams...

Are there any big matches next week?

Decent ones last night....

Boone beat Dunbar 21-25, 25-16, 25-21

Manual beat Butler 26-24, 16-25, 25-18

Ryle beat Campbell 25-23, 23-25, 25-22

Congratulations to Ludlow on their opening night conference win over the scrappy Dayton Greendevils 25-15 and 25-21. Solid performances were turned in by Michelle Landrum. Erin Schuller, Kassi Wofford and Julie Hardin. Next up for the Panthers will be the Newport Wildcats on Thursday Aug. 17th at Ludlow. Good luck Panthers, lets keep it going.