Top 10 Northern Ky Volleyball teams

CCvbc

BZ,

It a KHSAA rule so you gotta live it!!!! Just like I

gotta live with the fact that the district is a blind draw.:cool:

Beechwood also benefited greatly from the same occurence at NDA.

Another girl who just loved the game and wanted to play the sport she loves.

She is now playing in college because, and only because, she got one last chance to play volleyball.

Now Beechwood benefits from her younger sister playing for the varsity squad.:thumb:

You should NEVER deny a child a chance to play sports in high school if they are in it for the right reasons.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All due respect Zig, sometimes kids don't know that a school is not the right fit for them until they get in it. I know a few kids who entered a high school only to find there were social, academic, financial, and/or possibly even athletic issues that they could not have foreseen in junior high. Should those kids be forced to finish the rest of their high school years in a school that isnt right for them? I don't think so. Nor should they be penalized for it if done early in the high school years. The kids I know who changed schools had much better high school experiences because of it.

I see no problem with a student changing schools in such situations. I don't know why this young lady chose to change, but it seems she has done so in the proper guidelines. To say that these decision should be made in junior high and set in stone sounds a bit harsh.

Not forced to finish in a high school that isn't right for them at all. Didn't say that. Sit out one year is what I said and what I stand by. I'm hoping the KHSAA has the guts to make some tough decisions but I'm sure not going to hold my breath. :rolleyes:

BZ,

It a KHSAA rule so you gotta live it!!!! Just like I

gotta live with the fact that the district is a blind draw.:cool:

Beechwood also benefited greatly from the same occurence at NDA.

Another girl who just loved the game and wanted to play the sport she loves.

She is now playing in college because, and only because, she got one last chance to play volleyball.

Now Beechwood benefits from her younger sister playing for the varsity squad.:thumb:

You should NEVER deny a child a chance to play sports in high school if they are in it for the right reasons.

Don't wish to deny her the opportunity to play high school sports. Just think parents need to be held a little bit more accountable when it comes to sending their kids to certain schools for athletic reasons only to want to switch when things don't work out for little Bobby or Susie. I mean what are we teaching kids anyway. If you don't get your way here my little darling we will just keep moving you from one school to the next until you get your way. Far to much of that going on.

You still carrying the torch for the Seeding over Blind Draw debate are you?:rolleyes: At least this year I heard you didn't waste everyones time with that tired:sleep: old arguement.:D

Don't wish to deny her the opportunity to play high school sports. Just think parents need to be held a little bit more accountable when it comes to sending their kids to certain schools for athletic reasons only to want to switch when things don't work out for little Bobby or Susie. I mean [/b]what are we teaching kids anyway. If you don't get your way here my little darling we will just keep moving you from one school to the next until you get your way. Far to much of that going on.

You still carrying the torch for the Seeding over Blind Draw debate are you?:rolleyes: At least this year I heard you didn't waste everyones time with that tired:sleep: old arguement.:D

We are teaching our kids about the same thing with the district blind draw.....

"OH little Bobby or Susie, you are not on the elite team in the district, but here, have a free ride to Regionals without earning it!"

I will stand by this...earn your way to post season...either double elimination or seed. Too bad Ludlow and Cov. Latin will never decide for that...you like the easy way in!:rolleyes: ...but this is for a diff't thread.(and diff't lifetime)

We are teaching our kids about the same thing with the district blind draw.....

"OH little Bobby or Susie, you are not on the elite team in the district, but here, have a free ride to Regionals without earning it!"

I will live by this...earn your way to post season...either double elimination or seed. Too bad Ludlow and Cov. Latin will never decide for that...you like the easy way in!:rolleyes: ...but this is for a diff't thread.(and diff't lifetime)

:laugh: I knew that would wake you up Z. I would think that once again at the start of the season you would have more to do then sit and read on BGP's but I guess sitting down there on the river in your little office you have nothing better to do but to beat a dead horse.:D Maybe when they put Ludlow in the same district as they have already put them in baseball and basketball then you just might finally get your way. I would laugh if this very tired:sleep: old agruement wasn't starting to get so pathetic. My reward last year was getting to watch you burn in the stands but for the girls they made the Regionals and in about 5 to 10 years the only one still crying about it will apparently be you. Up there in the stands with little Bobby and Susie just :cry: away..;)

But you are right this isn't the thread for this discussion. See you in another thread. :walk:

:laugh: I knew that would wake you up Z. I would think that once again at the start of the season you would have more to do then sit and read on BGP's but I guess sitting down there on the river in your little office you have nothing better to do but to beat a dead horse.:D Maybe when they put Ludlow in the same district as they have already put them in baseball and basketball then you just might finally get your way. I would laugh if this very tired:sleep: old agruement wasn't starting to get so pathetic. My reward last year was getting to watch you burn in the stands but for the girls they made the Regionals and in about 5 to 10 years the only one still crying about it will apparently be you. Up there in the stands with little Bobby and Susie just :cry: away..;)

But you are right this isn't the thread for this discussion. See you in another thread. :walk:

You're hilarious....:laugh:

I am by far not the only one that thinks it is a farce....and have not stopped fighting for it either...

Here is just one quote from someone from the Lexington area regarding the KHSAA rules....

from BAVADAD @ Prepvolleyball.com

"Things just got MUCH worse when they decided to go with 16 regions rather than 8 with Regional champs and runnerups making state. Reduced the number of truly great teams in half and added more of the worst teams you will find anywhere. Districts tournaments that used to mean something by having 7-8 teams got reduced to 3-4 teams. How big of a joke is it that numerous districts have just three teams with the top two advancing to regionals. Sheesh! Blind draws are rediculus too! Seeding should be mandated by KHSAA! Example:

This past year Beechwood got eliminated in districts because they drew Notre Dame while Ludlow drew Covingington Latin. Ludlow wins and moves on to regionals, Beechwood loses and stays home simply because coaches from Ludlow and Covington Latin probably wont vote to have seeding. OF COURSE THEY DONT WANT SEEDING!!! A blind draw is the only prayer either of them have of ever making it to regions. Notre Dame probably doesn't want seeding either because they aren't afraid of Beechwood and dont want to have to schedule weak teams like Latin and Ludlow. Is that fair to a team like Beechwood ranked in the top 10 usually. I dont think so. If you are in a district you should be mandated to play the teams in that district at least once to get seeded. Without double elimination like it used to be that's the only fair way to do it. "

Bottom line, KHSAA is clueless when it comes to volleyball.

Special memo from KHSAA...2005-06

There are alot of people discouraged by district seeding...hence, this memo....

Giving each district power to choose is ridiculous...

Kentucky High School Athletic

KHSAA

VOLLEYBALL

DISTRICT SEEDING

Per KHSAA Tournament Rules, seeding of volleyball teams within a district must be accomplished in the following way:

1). By virtue of KHSAA Board of Control action, districts with only three teams in the district will follow an automatic seeding procedure beginning with the 2005-06 season.

2). In districts with four, five, or more teams, the majority of the teams must vote to seed in order for that district to be seeded. Seeding is not necessarily an annual vote (voting by Principals, Athletic Directors or Designated Representatives). If a district is not seeded, it remains not seeded until a majority of the district’s participating teams vote to seed. Once a district is seeded, the district remains seeded until a majority vote of the participating district schools vote not to seed.

3). Once a vote to seed the district is accomplished, the majority of schools must vote to approve a “method” to be used in seeding and especially a tie-breaking method. While districts, by majority vote, may determine their own seeding method, some of the more common seeding and tie-breaking methods are: (1) seeding by overall win-loss record; (2) seeding by win-loss record in specific contests; (3) seeding by a rating/ranking from a statewide poll; (4) seeding by a majority vote; (5) seeding by a rating turned in by each school; (6) etc.

4). The seeding vote must take place before the first regular season playing date, district schools must be notified of any meeting to discuss seeding issues, the methods used to determine the seeding must be in writing , and a written copy of the seeding determinations must be provided to the KHSAA. The district tournament manager is responsible for ensuring that the KHSAA is updated on all seeding decisions/changes. In the absence of any such documentatiOn, minutes or other verification, the district shall not be seeded.

5). Schools that refuse to play the necessary contests agreed to in the majority seeding provisions/decisions may not make those contests up with other opponents.

2280 Executive Drive (0\T~)

Lexington, Kentucky 40505

(859) 299-5472 Fax (859) 293-5999

I will take ZX3's side here and say it is a shame that there is no seeding in Districts. With Beechwood as a #2 seed in the District they have a chance to go somewhere in the Regional playoffs, maybe even finishing runner-up. If Ludlow beats Cov. Latin they're done. The top two teams from Districts should go to Regionals and try and make some noise. The purpose is to find the best team in the state....right? :confused:

Ok ZX3 and DP3 you guys keep on complaining about what is and looking to make your changes and we down here in in Ludlow will continue to play by the rules as they are and we will deal with any changes when and if they come. There is certainly enuff whining coming out of certain camps to keep the rest of us laughing..but I got to admit Z that forced smile on your face when you could only come and watch the Regionals was priceless..

You're hilarious....:laugh:

I am by far not the only one that thinks it is a farce....and have not stopped fighting for it either...

Here is just one quote from someone from the Lexington area regarding the KHSAA rules....

from BAVADAD @ Prepvolleyball.com

"Things just got MUCH worse when they decided to go with 16 regions rather than 8 with Regional champs and runnerups making state. Reduced the number of truly great teams in half and added more of the worst teams you will find anywhere. Districts tournaments that used to mean something by having 7-8 teams got reduced to 3-4 teams. How big of a joke is it that numerous districts have just three teams with the top two advancing to regionals. Sheesh! Blind draws are rediculus too! Seeding should be mandated by KHSAA! Example:

This past year Beechwood got eliminated in districts because they drew Notre Dame while Ludlow drew Covingington Latin. Ludlow wins and moves on to regionals, Beechwood loses and stays home simply because coaches from Ludlow and Covington Latin probably wont vote to have seeding. OF COURSE THEY DONT WANT SEEDING!!! A blind draw is the only prayer either of them have of ever making it to regions. Notre Dame probably doesn't want seeding either because they aren't afraid of Beechwood and dont want to have to schedule weak teams like Latin and Ludlow. Is that fair to a team like Beechwood ranked in the top 10 usually. I dont think so. If you are in a district you should be mandated to play the teams in that district at least once to get seeded. Without double elimination like it used to be that's the only fair way to do it. "

Bottom line, KHSAA is clueless when it comes to volleyball.

:sleep: :p :lol:

Zig, be honest. Lets say that Ludlow came out with an outstanding team this year ( from what I have heard about your coach, this is a real possibility).

Ludlow beats teams left and right, and crushes Beechwood into the ground.

Then playoff time comes and Ludlow draws Notre Dame. Notre Dame beats you and Beechwood advances by beating Cov Latin.

You would be the first one to stand up for your girls and object, and rightfully so.

Admit it, you enjoyed last year, not because you honestly thought your girls deserved to advance, but because you enjoyed seeing Beechwood getting the shaft.

Ok ZX3 and DP3 you guys keep on complaining about what is and looking to make your changes and we down here in in Ludlow will continue to play by the rules as they are and we will deal with any changes when and if they come. There is certainly enuff whining coming out of certain camps to keep the rest of us laughing..but I got to admit Z that forced smile on your face when you could only come and watch the Regionals was priceless..

You are so meannnn.......

BTW, I don't remember complaining.

BZ,

Call it whining if you will but...

Honestly, I feel like the girls DESERVE someone fighting for them regarding this issue...that is why I am so strong-willed about it and will keep beating the "dead horse" until a fair goal is reached. (which may be never)

They work their butts of from June 1 on to make themselves better, to find that the season ends with a blind draw?

It really makes the regular season and all their hard work pointless.

I would not feel right if I did not fight this issue...Like I wasn't doing everything I could for the team.

I am not at all suprised that you find Joy in someone else's suffering....shows the kind of person you really are! Did you also feel good knowing your team recieved a "free pass" to the Regionals without earning it?

I bet your coach would say she would have rather earned her shot, than have it given to her.

and WHO is not playing by the rules???? You insinuate that Ludlow plays by the rules and other schools don't?