Top 10 Northern Ky Volleyball teams

CCvbc

With open gyms and conditioning programs starting for most schools does anyone care to share their top 10 teams in Northern Ky for the 2006 season.

Here's mine.

1)Notre Dame

2)NCC

3)Campbell County

4)St. Henry

5)Boone County

6)Ryle

7)Simon Kenton

8)Highlands

9)Calvary Christian

10)Beechwood

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Notre Dame regains the top spot locally but I think St. Henry may be better than you think. Beechwood will be better than #10 and I don't think Boone will be a top 5 team.

1) Notre Dame - Loaded with talent and new coach will take them back to state tourney

2) St. Henry - Neimer will be a monster if anyone can get her the ball. Also have some nice young talent and good JV squad last year.

3) NCC - Will still be young but have a couple of the best players in region as sophomores

4) Ryle - Return good core of players. Need to fix team turmoil from last year.

5) Campbell Co. - They may be a sleeper. Big, strong, experienced.

6) Beechwood - Snyder is the best all around player up here. They have enough other decent players and best coach around.

7) Simon Kenton

8) Highlands

9) Holy Cross

10) Conner

1. NDA---no doubt most talent, my pick for their region

2. St. Henry---Niemer will be unstoppable,

3. NCC---My pick for their region, 2 young superstars in Schulte and Freppon

4. Ryle---alot of talent if they can bring it together

5. Campbell---McElveen is young and should be backbone, dedicated coach

6. Beechwood---Snyder also unstoppable, underclassmen key to their success

7. Conner---2-3 Very solid players, good spot for them if they get quality coach,

8. Highlands---Should be very consistent team,

9. Simon Kenton---Coach always has that team prepared no matter what the personnell looks like.

10. Holy Cross---Many girls palyed together during JO's this year, playing together all year really helps!

1. NDA-ought to be back on top this year

2. St. Henry-Niemer will be very strong but they did lost a lot of talent

3. NCC-very strong younger players, should be a strong team for a couple years now

4. Ryle-Coach Tanner always does a good job with what talent she has

5. Campbell-IF McElveen is healthy and they have a defensive player to replace last year's Libero

6. Beechwood-Snyder also unstoppable, underclassmen key to their success

7. Highlands-with 5 seniors wanting to return to state, should play tough all season

8. Conner-Behind Wells and their middles, should have a nice consistent season

9. Simon Kenton-Sk is tough every year

10. Holy Cross-talent and a good coach should equal success

Sr. class has a couple of nice players. Liza Toebbe (setter), Rachel Gadberry (middle) and Aimee Ryan make a nice strong trio of seniors. Juniors also have a strong class anchored by "skywalking" Nicole Staverman and DS April Lubrecht. I hear they have a strong incoming frosh class as well.

Here are my picks.

1. Notre Dame - most consistent talent in the region. Should be interesting with the new coach.

2. St. Henry - lost a lot of talent, but will still be very strong. Neimer will be the top player in NKY.

3. Ryle - They lost some strong seniors, but most of their kids play club. They will be strong again in 2006. They will always be strong. They work hard.

4. Conner - Lost one starter, Kara Wells. They have been conditioning and weight training spring and summer. Still good talent base present.

5. Beechwood - Snyder is tough, but the rest will have to step up. Snyder is a great player.

6. NCC - will get better each of the next three years. They will dominate when their sophomores are seniors.

7. Simon Kenton - they compete every year.

8. Campbell - should be good again, but need to find some defense to replace those that graduated.

9. Highlands - should compete for region with NCC and CCHS.

10. Boone County - good solid players, tough district

Ok here we go..Look for Ludlow to be knocking on the door of the Top Ten and hopefully making another visit to the regional tourney. They return Kassi Wofford (Sr), Michelle Papas (Jr) and Erin Beard (Sr) all 3 Div III All-Stars last year along with Erin Schuler (Sr), 6'1" Julie Hardin (Soph) 5'11" Caitin Ottaway (Soph) and Michelle Landrum (Jr) and the Panthers should continue to build on their success from last year. Go ahead now ZX3 take your shots..

1. NDA---no doubt most talent, my pick for their region

2. St. Henry---Niemer will be unstoppable,

3. NCC---My pick for their region, 2 young superstars in Schulte and Freppon

4. Ryle---alot of talent if they can bring it together

5. Campbell---McElveen is young and should be backbone, dedicated coach

6. Beechwood---Snyder also unstoppable, underclassmen key to their success

7. Conner---2-3 Very solid players, good spot for them if they get quality coach,

8. Highlands---Should be very consistent team,

9. Simon Kenton---Coach always has that team prepared no matter what the personnell looks like.

10. Holy Cross---Many girls palyed together during JO's this year, playing together all year really helps!

1. NDA

2. St Henry

3. NCC

4. Ryle

5. Campbell Cty

6. Highlands

7. Conner

8. Simon Kenton

and a tie for the 9th and 10th spots Ludlow and Beechwood..May the best team win..:thumb: :D

:thumb: Look for the Notre Dame Pandas to regain their title as best N.Ky. team. Should be interesting with the new coach. The coach has gained much respect with the players already. Coach Ha is also joined by two well respected young women as his Varsity assistant and J.V. coach (Bobbie Casey and Maydie Wilcox). Good luck Pandas!!

:thumb: Look for the Notre Dame Pandas to regain their title as best N.Ky. team. Should be interesting with the new coach. The coach has gained much respect with the players already. Coach Ha is also joined by two well respected young women as his Varsity assistant and J.V. coach (Bobbie Casey and Maydie Wilcox). Good luck Pandas!!

I have to agree. Great things are happening up the hill. The incoming freshman class is loaded with talent as well.

My dream is for the lady Tigers to beat the Pandas just ONCE in the next few years. Doesnt seem too much to ask, but........you never know!

I have to agree. Great things are happening up the hill. The incoming freshman class is loaded with talent as well.

My dream is for the lady Tigers to beat the Pandas just ONCE in the next few years. Doesnt seem too much to ask, but........you never know!

Who are the strong incoming FROSH?

Who are the strong incoming FROSH?

IMO, the top incoming Frosh are Jaimie Wulfeck and Ashley Robinson. IMO, both have good chances of playing middle at the JV level. Liz Barton will improve in her high school years and become a good player, but she is a bit raw right now. Haven't heard if Liz has decided on NDA or St. Henry though. NDA has acquired a lot of talent the past three years. Looking forward to Yoon Ha working his magic on these 3 classes of girls.

• 2 weeks later...
IMO, the top incoming Frosh are Jaimie Wulfeck and Ashley Robinson. IMO, both have good chances of playing middle at the JV level. Liz Barton will improve in her high school years and become a good player, but she is a bit raw right now. Haven't heard if Liz has decided on NDA or St. Henry though. NDA has acquired a lot of talent the past three years. Looking forward to Yoon Ha working his magic on these 3 classes of girls.

I have to agree. Jamie and Ashley are two top picks.

Liz is young for a freshman, but is very tall with great fundamentals. She played outside hitter for NKYVC this year. As the season progressed, so did her confidence and ability. She is going to NDA. I am sure coach Ha will be able to bring out the best in her. She has a great future in volleyball.

Jamie, Ashley and Liz have played club ball for years with a strong core of Pius girls. So, to the list, I would have to add Kendall Wulfeck (setter), Lindsey Elders (defense), Leslie Schellhaus (libero), and Brook Jones (setter).

These girls were all on the first NKYVC team to qualify for open competition at Nationals this year (Brooke was an alternate). Finished 25th in the country in the 14 year old division. Not bad.

These ladies will have no trouble upholding NDA's reputation for excellence.

Still want to beat them. Just ONCE! :banana: