Message to Highlands Players and Coaches

jbwill2

Is that a rhetorical question or are you really asking? Considering that entire states have divided their playoff systems by public and private and Ohio is making a confusing bylaw to battle it... I'm guessing it's rhetorical. One doesn't have to look far for evidence that private schools draw athletes. And they draw other kinds of students too' date=' but certainly athletes is one.[/quote']

My question was too broad.

I do not see "great athletes" at CCH as compared to HHS.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I

My question was too broad.

I do not see "great athletes" at CCH as compared to HHS.

Basketball and football, main sports... Soccer? Baseball? Do you believe HHS has better athletes across the board than Covcath? It's just my opinion, but in every sport I've seen, Covcath athletes are superior (in general) to HHS. This is what I'm seeing currently, this is not a discussion about years past.

I

Basketball and football, main sports... Soccer? Baseball? Do you believe HHS has better athletes across the board than Covcath? It's just my opinion, but in every sport I've seen, Covcath athletes are superior (in general) to HHS. This is what I'm seeing currently, this is not a discussion about years past.

So it's not all private schools: just CovCath? Is that what you are saying?

I

I agree. CCH has been solid in basketball, baseball and soccer more times than not, throw on top of,that football and you can see they get some pretty good athletes across their sports.

So it's not all private schools: just CovCath? Is that what you are saying?

It's certainly not an across the board always happens thing. Not every private school draws a lot of athletes. But my original comment was specifically about covcath. But it is generally a true thing that certain private schools become a draw for athletes. This doesn't seem that confusing or revelatory to me?

It's certainly not an across the board always happens thing. Not every private school draws a lot of athletes. But my original comment was specifically about covcath. But it is generally a true thing that certain private schools become a draw for athletes. This doesn't seem that confusing or revelatory to me?

Right, Elder, Moeller, Trinity, Both St. X's, CovCath. They get more than the fare share would be in a closed smaller school district.

Right, Elder, Moeller, Trinity, Both St. X's, CovCath. They get more than the fare share would be in a closed smaller school district.

The only thing Cov Cath has in common with those other schools mentioned is that they are a Catholic school. They just happen to be Catholic schools with more than double Cov Caths enrollment. And we all see what happens to Cov Cath - and just about every other school in Ky- when they play them.

I

So help me out here if we are not talking about years passed. What sport has CovCath been superior in over HHS this year? They haven't even played a football matchup yet?! I guess that leaves soccer? Did CovCath dominate in a soccer match? I honestly don't know the answer and venturing into the soccer threads to find out is a scary thought.

So help me out here if we are not talking about years passed. What sport has CovCath been superior in over HHS this year? They haven't even played a football matchup yet?! I guess that leaves soccer? Did CovCath dominate in a soccer match? I honestly don't know the answer and venturing into the soccer threads to find out is a scary thought.

Covcath has beaten HHS in soccer, baseball and basketball. Should I check the golf scores too? What are we arguing about? Whether private schools get better athletes in general? Or whether Covcath generally gets better athletes? My opinion is that Covcath currently has better athletes grades 9-12 than the athletes in HHS. This is just overall, I'm sure there are some great athletes at HHS. And I would argue it's easier for Covcath to draw/get those athletes being they are a private school.

CovCath beat Highlands in soccer 1-0 on a handling call in the box if I stand correct. Hardly domination. Not sure what one is drinking, but wow. Did Highlands not go to the state finals just last year in baseball? Have not even played yet in football and last I checked both teams had won exactly one game. This holier than though stuff is simply hilarious.

Covcath has beaten HHS in soccer, baseball and basketball. Should I check the golf scores too? What are we arguing about? Whether private schools get better athletes in general? Or whether Covcath generally gets better athletes? My opinion is that Covcath currently has better athletes grades 9-12 than the athletes in HHS. This is just overall, I'm sure there are some great athletes at HHS. And I would argue it's easier for Covcath to draw/get those athletes being they are a private school.

Look, I was just confused and I guess I still am. You said this is not a discussion about years past yet you bring up baseball and basketball which haven't even been played this year.

Look, I was just confused and I guess I still am. You said this is not a discussion about years past yet you bring up baseball and basketball which haven't even been played this year.

Ok well when I said years past I meant the years before the current students were in the school. So 4 or more years ago. I could be wrong I haven't done any exhaustive research. In my small picture of things over the past few (less than 4 years) it seems Covcath has better athletes than HHS.

Maybe it's a semantics thing. I think you're saying CCH accumulates a lot of kids that have talent. I don't think CCH has a distinct advantage in pure athletic ability.