Message to Highlands Players and Coaches

jbwill2

Covcath has beaten HHS in soccer, baseball and basketball. Should I check the golf scores too? What are we arguing about? Whether private schools get better athletes in general? Or whether Covcath generally gets better athletes? My opinion is that Covcath currently has better athletes grades 9-12 than the athletes in HHS. This is just overall, I'm sure there are some great athletes at HHS. And I would argue it's easier for Covcath to draw/get those athletes being they are a private school.

In world football (soccer) I believe the series is knotted at 2-2 over the past 4 years. Lots of good athletes and excellent young men at both schools. Not sure about golf. But my dad can beat up your dad.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In world football (soccer) I believe the series is knotted at 2-2 over the past 4 years. Lots of good athletes and excellent young men at both schools. Not sure about golf. But my dad can beat up your dad.

The fact that you called it "world football" is upsetting. Its soccer.

The fact that you called it "world football" is upsetting. Its soccer.

I call it Futbol, and that seems to please the diehard fans while still differentiating it.

Anyway, I think privates have both advantages and disadvantages to getting athletes. The advantages being that they have no school district, oftentimes a reputation for great education, and a community/alumni organization that help to fund sports. The disadvantages are that any student wishing to enter must pay tuition and provide their own transportation in most cases.

I think this thread is crazy. HHS has destroyed teams for years. Now there feelings are hurt ? Because there are negative things being said about them?? Pull up ur big boy pants. Take these beatings. U all have dished out for 20 plus years. Comes around goes around. So be careful how u act on top

My question is who is really at fault for this season thus far, the personnel seems to be taking the fall? Did they just over schedule and will be fine come playoffs?
Highland's has always tried scheduling a couple of games that could give them a lost( St X, Elder, etc). Scheduling NKY schools would never be considered over scheduling!

Highland's has always tried scheduling a couple of games that could give them a lost( St X' date=' Elder, etc). Scheduling NKY schools would never be considered over scheduling![/quote']

I agree with you on that but when you're losing to the NKY teams, it spells disaster. Some H people say they knew this class was down, that's why I questioned if they over scheduled. I feel like the blame is all on the players and I'm not sure if that's correct.

CovCath beat Highlands in soccer 1-0 on a handling call in the box if I stand correct. Hardly domination. Not sure what one is drinking, but wow. Did Highlands not go to the state finals just last year in baseball? Have not even played yet in football and last I checked both teams had won exactly one game. This holier than though stuff is simply hilarious.

Oh my... Here is what I originally said in one part of my comment of why I thought Covcath would beat highlands in football this year... "Their freshman and JV programs have been stronger. They have more athletic kids because of their private school draw." Some of you all are crazy, it's just my opinion that CovCath currently has more/better overall athletes this year in the school than Highlands. I never said anything about "domination", I didn't care to discuss the athletic drawing power of private schools, and I certainly do not care to compare golf scores over the past four years between the two schools. I don't have kids that go to Covcath. I am certainly not flexing some proud parent muscle. I was right before the season started when I said that Highlands would have a down year because of their lack of athletes (semantics?) and it's my opinion that their lacking in that department will end in a loss to Covcath. In football. I could be wrong, this is just my thoughts. This is not to disparage any highlands kids by any stretch, I am sure there are many great athletes at the school. Just fewer than Covcath. This year.

Oh my... Here is what I originally said in one part of my comment of why I thought Covcath would beat highlands in football this year... "Their freshman and JV programs have been stronger. They have more athletic kids because of their private school draw." Some of you all are crazy, it's just my opinion that CovCath currently has more/better overall athletes this year in the school than Highlands. I never said anything about "domination", I didn't care to discuss the athletic drawing power of private schools, and I certainly do not care to compare golf scores over the past four years between the two schools. I don't have kids that go to Covcath. I am certainly not flexing some proud parent muscle. I was right before the season started when I said that Highlands would have a down year because of their lack of athletes (semantics?) and it's my opinion that their lacking in that department will end in a loss to Covcath. In football. I could be wrong, this is just my thoughts. This is not to disparage any highlands kids by any stretch, I am sure there are many great athletes at the school. Just fewer than Covcath. This year.

Don't Highlands and CovCath have the same record in football this year? How can you say CovCath has greater athletes when both programs are struggling right now? You can't determine who is better until they actually play the game.

Covcath has beaten HHS in soccer, baseball and basketball. Should I check the golf scores too? What are we arguing about? Whether private schools get better athletes in general? Or whether Covcath generally gets better athletes? My opinion is that Covcath currently has better athletes grades 9-12 than the athletes in HHS. This is just overall, I'm sure there are some great athletes at HHS. And I would argue it's easier for Covcath to draw/get those athletes being they are a private school.

They have never beaten HHS in softball!

I'm not sure why everyone is looking for someone to "blame". There are a lot of reasons this team isn't having success and there are a lot of things one could point a finger at. But at the end of the day, collaboratively, this team and season hasn't come together like others and there are a lot of things that have impacted that. This team has athletes. Maybe not as many as the classes ahead of them, but they have athletes. There have been past HHS teams with similar dynamics that have been very successful. This is way more than not having athletes or the coach's decisions.

I think this thread is crazy. HHS has destroyed teams for years. Now there feelings are hurt ? Because there are negative things being said about them?? Pull up ur big boy pants. Take these beatings. U all have dished out for 20 plus years. Comes around goes around. So be careful how u act on top

Be careful how you read this post -- and don't skip any sentence fragments -- or it gets really inappropriate.

I don't think their feelings are hurt because they're reading the negative things written out there. To me, it looks more like they're trying to find a solution to the current slump so they can go back to dishing out the beatings.