Message to Highlands Players and Coaches

jbwill2

You didn't read my post. I said I still think Highlands could make the final, not win it. A game with Bowling Green wouldn't be until the championship.

Why do you even respond? We all know what he is and what he's trying to do, we've seen him dozens of times over the years. Remember, the ignore function is your friend.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see this highlands team (or next years) beating covcath. Highlands has had a storied run, it's not unreasonable to think they can get back to their old glory. I've been saying since before the season started this was the case with these generations of highlands teams. The community and coaches have to put in the development work now like most every other public school program to get back to their glory. But for the foreseeable near future it's going to be "building years". Just IMHO

I don't see this highlands team (or next years) beating covcath. Highlands has had a storied run, it's not unreasonable to think they can get back to their old glory. I've been saying since before the season started this was the case with these generations of highlands teams. The community and coaches have to put in the development work now like most every other public school program to get back to their glory. But for the foreseeable near future it's going to be "building years". Just IMHO

I am not saying you are wrong but what has Cov Cath done to convince you they are better than HHS ?

I am not saying you are wrong but what has Cov Cath done to convince you they are better than HHS ?

IMO, They have been investing in and developing players for longer. Their freshman and JV programs have been stronger. They have more athletic kids because of their private school draw. I believe Beechwood is a very good team this year and CC handled them well. CC also fared better against Ryle. Those are most of my reasons.

IMO, They have been investing in and developing players for longer. Their freshman and JV programs have been stronger. They have more athletic kids because of their private school draw. I believe Beechwood is a very good team this year and CC handled them well. CC also fared better against Ryle. Those are most of my reasons.

Not sure how Beechwood's lines hold up agains HHS but Ryle is definitly a good point. As far as the developement goes didn't HHS JV beat Cov Cath last year?

Community develpment work? Highlands is doing the same things they've always done, they still have the best youth league, they still have the best youth football camp, they still work as hard and effecient as ever. This notion that something needs to change is Highlands is crazy since they are doing the same things that made them the best program in KY not name Trinity the last 20 years. They are a very temporary down cycle with talent. This year's freshment class will win a State Championship before they graduate but the this year and next year will probably be rough. Oh and the coaches play the kids that are best at their positions. If a kid isn't getting in the game over someone that may appear less talented there is a reason. The kid who isn't playing probably can't be counted on to run the correct route, pick up the correct blocking assignment, etc., can the silliness about the HHS coaching staff stop.

The Freshman game this week will give us a glimpse of which team is ahead in player development.

An outsider's advice...

Players, listen to coaches and do everything they ask. Be 100% committed to the team and the plan they set forth. This season from here on out is completely on the coaches to make any changes necessary to get better. Give 100% every day to that plan whether you like it or not. You will have no regrets and be able to say you did everything you could to help the team win.

Not sure how Beechwood's lines hold up agains HHS but Ryle is definitly a good point. As far as the developement goes didn't HHS JV beat Cov Cath last year?

I was probably thinking more generally over the past few years with wins and losses in the developmental parts/teams. I would also say freshman games are a better gauge of general talent since few freshman play up and if they do they generally play freshman too. At the JV level a lot of juniors play down and sophomores play up so its a little harder to judge/compare talent.

An outsider's advice...

Players, listen to coaches and do everything they ask. Be 100% committed to the team and the plan they set forth. This season from here on out is completely on the coaches to make any changes necessary to get better. Give 100% every day to that plan whether you like it or not. You will have no regrets and be able to say you did everything you could to help the team win.

BINGO.

I want to take A moment just to say if the team is anything like you ( and I doubt it is) the problem might just be to much living in the past! and not enough living in the present, doesn't matter what those teams did, just what this one does. really I have to say SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!! wringing your hands and crying about Lack of Talent, lack of motivation and preparation...geez guy's I bet most of you never played the game and yet you feel the need to judge these young men,did you for one moment consider that they may not be bad? that other teams just might have caught up, at least for this year!C'mon guy's when you say that kind of crap your hurting kid's and at the same time not giving any credit to the other teams who worked hard to get those wins.So relax, chill, these are not supermen there high school kid's, Enuff OK,stop with the Chicken Little stuff the sky is not falling.

IMO' date=' They have been investing in and developing players for longer. Their freshman and JV programs have been stronger. They have more athletic kids because of their private school draw. I believe Beechwood is a very good team this year and CC handled them well. CC also fared better against Ryle. Those are most of my reasons.[/quote']

What is it about private schools that allows them to get better athletes?

I want to take A moment just to say if the team is anything like you ( and I doubt it is) the problem might just be to much living in the past! and not enough living in the present, doesn't matter what those teams did, just what this one does. really I have to say SHAME ON ALL OF YOU!!! wringing your hands and crying about Lack of Talent, lack of motivation and preparation...geez guy's I bet most of you never played the game and yet you feel the need to judge these young men,did you for one moment consider that they may not be bad? that other teams just might have caught up, at least for this year!C'mon guy's when you say that kind of crap your hurting kid's and at the same time not giving any credit to the other teams who worked hard to get those wins.So relax, chill, these are not supermen there high school kid's, Enuff OK,stop with the Chicken Little stuff the sky is not falling.

Huh?

What is it about private schools that allows them to get better athletes?

Is that a rhetorical question or are you really asking? Considering that entire states have divided their playoff systems by public and private and Ohio is making a confusing bylaw to battle it... I'm guessing it's rhetorical. One doesn't have to look far for evidence that private schools draw athletes. And they draw other kinds of students too, but certainly athletes is one.