UK Schedules Three Games With Eastern Michigan

price499

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that the Buckeyes play the powerhouse Hawaii Rainbows this year as well. It will be a really tough matchup against a team that has gone 8-29 the last three years.

Eastern Michigan, Charlotte and New Mexico St are literally 3 of the worst 5 teams in college football.

I know they didn't play this year, but if they are trying to stay away from power conference teams, there is another team in the state that I'm sure would love to travel to Lexington. Isn't it a bigger issue that Kentucky dropped Western after losing two in a row, then actually granted a home game to this random school?

I know there is a decent chance UK might buy out the home game, but I like how it is scheduled for 2019. It's 2015 now, and it still hasn't happened, so maybe this is just a chance for the Cats to make sure they don't go an entire decade without winning a game on the road.

It doesn't make sense for any power 5 program to do it but they do.

When Kentucky starts competing for national championships, they can go beat the crap out of Ohio State. For now, they need to continue the process of building the program. That starts will consistently making bowls.

When Kentucky starts competing for national championships' date=' they can go beat the crap out of Ohio State. For now, they need to continue the process of building the program. That starts will consistently making bowls.[/quote']

I get what you're saying but the counter would be it's a purchased bowl.

Let's just say (or pray maybe?) that Stoops recruiting and coaching starts paying off and UK becomes a middle of the road SEC team rather than an SEC floor mat and UK no longer wants to play such lowly schools. How easily could UK buy out of these games? Or are all game contracts different?

Eastern Michigan, Charlotte and New Mexico St are literally 3 of the worst 5 teams in college football.

But Kentucky is no where near being a top team in the country. That is the difference. Hawaii is not a good team either, and the fact Ohio State is so good makes the match-up even worse. Not sure why the Bucks were brought up in the conversation, but Kentucky playing Eastern Michigan is not as bad as the latter. UK and EMU are both bad teams. tOSU playing Hawaii is the best team in the country playing one of the worst the last 3 years.

When you're in the SEC, you don't have to schedule non-conference powerhouses. It's as simple as that. Kentucky already has Auburn, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Tennessee, Georgia, Louisville and Florida on the schedule.

Just using OSU as an example for comparison:

OSU schedule has Michigan State and Michigan. They play Virginia Tech out of conference, but they also play Hawaii, Northern Illinois and Western Michigan. That's not exactly a murderer's row.

But Kentucky is no where near being a top team in the country. That is the difference. Hawaii is not a good team either' date=' and the fact Ohio State is so good makes the match-up even worse. Not sure why the Bucks were brought up in the conversation, but Kentucky playing Eastern Michigan is not as bad as the latter. UK and EMU are both bad teams. tOSU playing Hawaii is the best team in the country playing one of the worst the last 3 years.[/quote']

I get that UK is rebuilding and wants to go bowling. Everyone starts the year with automatic wins. Take this year for example UK has 3 wins by default, it's just when you play 3 of the worst in the country it just stands out a tad I guess. But I guess it doesn't really matter, everyone has automatic wins.

I get that UK is rebuilding and wants to go bowling. Everyone starts the year with automatic wins. Take this year for example UK has 3 wins by default, it's just when you play 3 of the worst in the country it just stands out a tad I guess. But I guess it doesn't really matter, everyone has automatic wins.

You got the last sentence right.