Fill In the Blank: Mike Trout is the Best Baseball Player Since....?

I continue to be amazed by Mike Trout.

Trout is in the middle of his age 24 season.

He's already won 2 All-Star Game MVPs, won a Rookie of the Year Award, won 3 (soon to be 4) Silver Slugger Awards, made 4 All-Star Games, won an MVP (will be 2 after this season), has an RBI crown, a SB crown, and finished in the top 3 in batting average twice. He's got a career OBP of ~.400, and is well on his way to adding a HR title to his resume this season.

So fill in the blank: Mike Trout is the Best Baseball Player Since....?

Edited by UKMustangFan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sometimes forget how good Bonds was. Yes it was chemically enhanced. But he batted .370 when he was 37. That's just ridiculous.

The numbers he put up from '01-'04 are absolutely insane. Due to the chemical enhancements they are glossed over. The most impressive stat was the amount of BB he accumulated. Dude would get maybe 2 pitches a game. I remember SportsCenter breaking in to their games when he would come up to bat. I liken it to Neo in The Matrix when he tapped in to his powers and everything slowed for him.

The numbers he put up from '01-'04 are absolutely insane. Due to the chemical enhancements they are glossed over. The most impressive stat was the amount of BB he accumulated. Dude would get maybe 2 pitches a game. I remember SportsCenter breaking in to their games when he would come up to bat. I liken it to Neo in The Matrix when he tapped in to his powers and everything slowed for him.

If voters took those years out of consideration, he still would be a first ballot HOF.

I still remember the time he was facing the Diamondbacks and Buck Showalter intentionally walked him with the bases loaded in the 8th or 9th inning of a game. He was absurd.