Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Joe Biden

Featured Replies

So I have heard that Joe Biden may announce he is getting in the race pretty soon. Let's just say he does. I personally think he is a buffoon...has said more crazy things than just about any politician...but seems to be a decent guy.

 

If he does run and Obama endorses him (and he would as Biden has been very loyal to Obama and Obama and Hillary are not exactly friendly), what does that do to Hillary??

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I have heard that Joe Biden may announce he is getting in the race pretty soon. Let's just say he does. I personally think he is a buffoon...has said more crazy things than just about any politician...but seems to be a decent guy.

 

If he does run and Obama endorses him (and he would as Biden has been very loyal to Obama and Obama and Hillary are not exactly friendly), what does that do to Hillary??

 

I love Joe Biden. I'd vote for him over Hillary. The toughest choice I could possibly face would be a choice between Joe Biden and Chris Christie.

He doesn't have a chance IMO.

 

I don't agree with Biden on much of anything politically, but I'm with you on him seeming like a good guy.

  • Author
He doesn't have a chance IMO.

 

I don't agree with Biden on much of anything politically, but I'm with you on him seeming like a good guy.

 

I would not have thought that Biden would have a chance but an Obama endorsement would be a big deal. Also, the more Hillary actually has to talk and answer questions, the worse she comes off. She is frankly not very likable and she and Biden have similar political views and he is much more likable. Add in the emails which will keep coming out a few thousand at a time for a while and her ever growing string of lies...I just don't know what to think. If Republicans call her out for lies, the press will continue to protect her. If Biden calls her out. they may not so much...the more I think about it, I just don't think she is a lock...

I would not have thought that Biden would have a chance but an Obama endorsement would be a big deal. Also, the more Hillary actually has to talk and answer questions, the worse she comes off. She is frankly not very likable and she and Biden have similar political views and he is much more likable. Add in the emails which will keep coming out a few thousand at a time for a while and her ever growing string of lies...I just don't know what to think. If Republicans call her out for lies, the press will continue to protect her. If Biden calls her out. they may not so much...the more I think about it, I just don't think she is a lock...

 

Those are all very good points, and you might be right. I just don't see Biden or any of the other Democratic candidates unseating Hillary.

  • Author
Those are all very good points, and you might be right. I just don't see Biden or any of the other Democratic candidates unseating Hillary.

That is certainly the conventional wisdom. With the 24 hour news cycle we have now, it is going to seem like 10 years before the 2016 election. We have a LONG way to go. Will be interesting to see if Hillary can stay on top of the Democrat mountain for the entire time.

I think Biden attacks Sanders if he runs and gets some of his support...which in the end will help Hillary

  • Author

Unless Biden gets in as a sideshow, why would he go after Sanders and not Hillary? If Biden gets in the race at his age, he knows it is his last shot at being president. Why would he waste his time going after a guy who has no chance of being elected?

I like Biden, but I can't see the man running. Heck can he be Vice President again?

 

He would definitely add spice to HRC.

Although I would love the opportunity to see him in the White House, I don't think he should run. I say that not because he wouldn't be a good President, but because I just feel the man has given his life to public service. I don't think people give him credit for what he HAS done for our country. He has experienced more than his fair share of personal tragedy. As others mentjon, he seems like a good man. I would love to see him take his talents and put them toward a cause close to his heart...think Jimmy Carters life after the Presidency. I think he could really have an effect in that arena without all the criticism of his every move and sentence.

I think Biden attacks Sanders if he runs and gets some of his support...which in the end will help Hillary

 

If he runs he isn't getting much of Sanders support. He gets everything from the extreme left.

I would be surprised if Joe got into the race, given Hillary's name recognition, popularity and money raised. But who knows. If Joe did get in, I doubt that Obama would endorse in the primary, but the president certainly will campaign for the Democratic nominee in the general election. Obama has a debt to repay to Bill Clinton -- speaking of the latter's role in 2012 of rallying the faithful.

 

There are only two "rock star" politicians in America today -- Bill Clinton and Obama. Sarah Palin used to be up there with them in star appeal, but then she sold her soul to reality TV.

Although I would love the opportunity to see him in the White House, I don't think he should run. I say that not because he wouldn't be a good President, but because I just feel the man has given his life to public service. I don't think people give him credit for what he HAS done for our country. He has experienced more than his fair share of personal tragedy. As others mentjon, he seems like a good man. I would love to see him take his talents and put them toward a cause close to his heart...think Jimmy Carters life after the Presidency. I think he could really have an effect in that arena without all the criticism of his every move and sentence.

 

I have a different perspective of Biden than most everyone here. Being from and growing up in Delaware, Joe Biden is the one politician I've known my entire life. I've met him a couple of times, and he did very good things for Delaware, and was very in touch with the people. It really bugs me when he gets painted as such a buffoon, because that's so different from how I've pictured and known him to be really my entire life. The guy was very visible during his entire time in the Senate, as he never lived in DC...he always commuted daily from Delaware to DC. He was never considered a rich guy while a Senator, and was one of the early guys fighting for campaign finance reform, and has always resonated as "one of the guys" and has a great connection with the middle class.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.