Christian Music

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Christian and I love music (to say the least), but have never been interested in where the two shall meet.

Yeah that is more or less me. Unless we are talking about traditional church music. No guitars, banjos, drums, bass guitars, bongos, etc.... Just classical instruments, an organ or a piano.

I am a bit old fashioned in that regard.

I'm mostly with MTGL on this, but there are a handful of artists I like. Probably my favorite is "I Wish We'd All Been Ready." Written by Larry Norman, performed by DC Talk.

That's a moldy oldy from the "Sing and Celebrate" Song Book of the early 70's. Remember the much earlier version better than the DC Talk one.

Edited by Hatz

I love Bluegrass/country gospel and black gospel, and some of the traditional hymns. I have zero use for "Christian rock" and "contemporary Christian" and that other stuff. I find it to be horribly bland and unimaginative. I don't need the message that bad to have to have it delivered to me via terrible music.

Just because they're singing about God/Jesus, doesn't mean it's a good song.

That's a moldy oldy from the "Sing and Celebrate" Song Book of the early 70's. Remember the much earlier version better than the DC Talk one.

DC Talk never recorded the song in studio. They covered and released it via a live single, I believe. Norman appeared with them in the video and he praised their version of it.

I don't know much about Larry Norman, except that he's evidently a pioneer of the Christian rock genre.

Good Ol Country Gospel

June Carter Cash's daughter played and sang a reprise of that last night at the concert I was attending. She was the opening act for John Mellencamp. She was better than I thought she would be.