Arrest warrants issued for cheering at graduation

I have been to many graduations...and this is ALWAYS requested, and at EVERY graduation you can count on a handful of families to completely ignore the request. I am ok with someone being called out finally.

I attended 2 graduations on Memorial Day weekend. One at Henderson and one for Brentwood High in Brentwood, TN.

In both cases there were more than a handful of families ignoring the request. There were pretty much 350-400 families that ignored it, in both cases.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should set up a taser station and give out blue wristbands to anyone who wants to take a tasing in exchange for 10 seconds of screaming and shenanigans.

Charge $10 and give the proceeds to charity.

Thank you for your interest in my opinion on this question which has not been specifically asked in previous posts....

If the facts are true (just yelled out a name), then it is excessive (no). If there was prolonged yelling, clapping, screaming (and I have witnessed this), then yes....there are limited options in how to deal with this. The effect of the warrant is to have the defendant address the charge. I would expect the government to drop the charges after the first meeting.

So we should call you out for not following directions? "Yes or no" was the question. ;)

J/k :)

Thinking about it...maybe the best plan is to stop the calling out of individual names and walking up and getting a diploma. We can still have the ceremony and speakers and program, but the handing out of hundreds of diplomas is tedious at best.

I have been to graduations where the yelling/clapping for a student becomes a competitive event. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me personally.

Thinking about it...maybe the best plan is to stop the calling out of individual names and walking up and getting a diploma. We can still have the ceremony and speakers and program, but the handing out of hundreds of diplomas is tedious at best.

I have been to graduations where the yelling/clapping for a student becomes a competitive event. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me personally.

I couldn't agree more. We went to a graduation this week and they announced every child with every award they received. It started out just fine, but by the time they are about half way through, you are hoping the rest of the kids were dumb, lazy kids so they didn't have any special awards, to make it go faster.

NCC's graduation last month lasted 1 hour tops and every family there cheered when their child's name was called. Bunch of outlaws. Every one of them should have been tased. And don't you dare throw your cap into the air! You could poke someone's eye out!

I'm going to be politically incorrect here and just say it...I HATE graduation ceremony's in...lets just say Gooberville. Was going to use another term but had second thoughts.

Any EVERY graduation I have been to, they pretty much PLEAD everyone to be quite, don't shout out and hold applause till after everyone has gone through. This is a done for a reason(s). Got to tell you, the graduation ceremony I went to at Whitely Co a few years ago, if I tasered every freaking bobble head that stood up and shouted like Dale Earnhardt had just come back from the dead when their Billy Bob or Jamie Sue walked across the stage, I would have had to have about 20 back up batteries with me to get through it. And Whitely Co isn't the only place I have seen this, but the first one that pops in my mind and probably the one that stands out among the others. Just sit down and shut up! Geezz.

But arresting people? Well I guess if they were being rowdy enough and completely unruly. But other than that I don't see it.

Edited by BigVMan23

NCC's graduation last month lasted 1 hour tops and every family there cheered when their child's name was called. Bunch of outlaws. Every one of them should have been tased. And don't you dare throw your cap into the air! You could poke someone's eye out!

NCC's enrollment is roughly 500 and change, so theoretically 125 graduating seniors. If it is PL Dunbar in Lex. where my oldest two went...the graduating class is 3 to 4 times that....so we would be out in less than 3 to 4 hours.....which was probably about right.

So why don't we just encourage everyone to clap for every graduate and alot more time for the presentation of the diplomas?

NCC's enrollment is roughly 500 and change, so theoretically 125 graduating seniors. If it is PL Dunbar in Lex. where my oldest two went...the graduating class is 3 to 4 times that....so we would be out in less than 3 to 4 hours.....which was probably about right.

So why don't we just encourage everyone to clap for every graduate and alot more time for the presentation of the diplomas?

Like I said, I went to 2 a couple of weekends ago, one at Henderson which has an enrollment of 1800-1900 and Brentwood High in Tennessee which has an enrollment of 1600-1700. Both graduations were over in about 1 - 1 1/2 hours. And that was announcing every name.