Should Highlands change their nickname/mascot?

dallaslaredo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep telling yourself that while you obsess on that bird. You might even convince yourself someday. No one else is buying it.

Maybe you should ask some Pioneer football players. They all have Sept 25th marked down as little bird season!

Maybe you should ask some Pioneer football players. They all have Sept 25th marked down as little bird season!

Who said anything about the football players, I'm talking about you. It’s ok fan, we understand you’re going through denial. But remember this while you’re plugging through your 12 step program, it’s ok to be afraid, particularly when what you fear is real. Very real.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Who said anything about the football players, I'm talking about you. It’s ok fan, we understand you’re going through denial. But remember this while you’re plugging through your 12 step program, it’s ok to be afraid, particularly when what you fear is real. Very real.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Me afraid? I have been to the Fort plenty of times and I think it should stay Bluebirds. Who is complaining about their name anyway?

Been in Fort Thomas over 30 years and in the school system over 20 and not once in that time have I ever received that vibe from a single person. I've never even thought about it but I'm good with it. What's better than a little ol' Bluebird kicking someone's rear end? Other teams may need to call themselves Cougars, Eagles or Panthers to get the attention of the opponent. Not Highlands.

This. I started at HHS in in 1978 (37 years ago) and have never heard one person complain about the name ever since. I love it because it is different...we don't need any more Cats, Panthers, blah blah blah...and it does not seem to offend anyone either (like Braves, Rebels, Redskins, etc)...

Been in Fort Thomas over 30 years and in the school system over 20 and not once in that time have I ever received that vibe from a single person. I've never even thought about it but I'm good with it. What's better than a little ol' Bluebird kicking someone's rear end? Other teams may need to call themselves Cougars, Eagles or Panthers to get the attention of the opponent. Not Highlands.

:idunno:A Shamrock? :D Just sayin'....as innocent and innocuous and unthreatening as a Bluebird may be, plant life aren't often seen as capable of walking, let alone kicking rear ends. :D

This guy has kicked a lotta tail over the years. I think I'd leave it alone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50755[/ATTACH]

Is that the official Bluebird? Interesting. Bandaids on one shoulder. An X on the other. Medals? What are those on there for? I have to say the whole thing is pretty darn interesting now that I think about it. First of all, who even comes up with Bluebirds as a nickname? Then that stuff on the logo. We need the rest of the story on this whole deal.

I think we can make this thread go at least 200 posts (as long as uk stays interested).