Mayweather defeats Pacquiao

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched boxing for the first time in ages. This fight proves while boxing is dead. Floyd retreated the whole time, although it was effective from the boxing standpoint. But from a casual observer standpoint it wasn't fun to watch at all

Loved every second of it. Exactly how I thought it would be. Worth every penny. Not as exciting as a Tyson fight but I knew what I was paying for when I ordered it. I don't feel bad for casual fans who got sucked into the fight. Research before you drop 100 bucks on something.

I'm not sure what the many people who are complaining about a lack of action in this fight thought they were going to see.

Mayweather suddenly become a brawler? Two guys standing toe-to-toe slugging it out? Pak somehow being able to hit the unhittable?

This fight was Mayweather's career in a nutshell. Never gets hit, dances all night, and throws (and lands) enough counters to either get the other guy in trouble or just cruise to a decision.

Nothing to see here folks, much ado about nothing.

My only complaint is to the ESPN guys who fed the promotion machine for weeks, only to have their Sportscenter anchors finally tell the truth once the fight started. I tuned in to catch postgame stuff from the NBA game, but when the anchors mentioned the fight one even said (paraphrasing but only slightly) "I don't get the hype for this fight, not very exciting." The other concurred.

That opinion would have never made the air a week ago, and whoever said it would have been working in Winnipeg a few days later.

I used to be a boxing guy but this fight is why the UFC is better and I'm glad boxing got its goodbye fight.

I'm just not buying the amount of strikes they credited Floyd for landing. This isnt Olympic boxing and your punches have to mean something. I know how Floyd fights but anyone with a brain knows Pac controlled almost every second after round 3. You get pushed into a corner most the fight and forced to put your head between your hands most the fight you lose the fight , except if your Floyd.

I used to be a boxing guy but this fight is why the UFC is better and I'm glad boxing got its goodbye fight.

I'm just not buying the amount of strikes they credited Floyd for landing. This isnt Olympic boxing and your punches have to mean something. I know how Floyd fights but anyone with a brain knows Pac controlled almost every second after round 3. You get pushed into a corner most the fight and forced to put your head between your hands most the fight you lose the fight , except if your Floyd.

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Floyd danced and toyed with him for 10 of the 12 rounds. As stated above he did exactly what he wanted to do.

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. Floyd danced and toyed with him for 10 of the 12 rounds. As stated above he did exactly what he wanted to do.

Na not buying it Floyd spent most the fight in the corner or against the ropes.

Pacquiao said after the fight he was hurt before he entered the ring. Member of the press corps asks if it was fair that viewers paid $100 bucks a pop to watch a fighter with an undisclosed injury; his mic was cut off.

Glad I didn't waste my time.

Na not buying it Floyd spent most the fight in the corner or against the ropes.

Did you watch? He went there on his own majority of the time. This isn't fat George Foreman who gets caught up in the ropes and is in trouble. Mayweather went there on his own and a couple times Manny backed off knowing mayweather wanted him to follow him in.

Did you watch? He went there on his own majority of the time. This isn't fat George Foreman who gets caught up in the ropes and is in trouble. Mayweather went there on his own and a couple times Manny backed off knowing mayweather wanted him to follow him in.

I watched every second and I know how Floyd fights I don't need the lesson. He has just brain washed judges because of his style to think he is never in trouble. Yes he retreats in strategy , but there were many times pac took advantage and backed off so not to get suckered into Floyds game.

What are the guidelines on scoring a round in boxing? Is it purely about number of punches that land on target? Are there any points awarded for throwing more punches? Are there points awarded for being the aggressor?

If you want to reward a boxer for being the aggressor and punish a boxer who constantly backs up, you do it through scoring. If a boxer knows he loses points in a round by constantly backing up, clinching, etc., then you will see a different style of fighting.